Adding HTML to an existing pdf form (aspose.pdf.kit)

Is there a way to add html code to an existing pdf form? There are fields on the form that I am using FillField to populate which only takes plain text. I will also need to populate other fields using html.

Thanks

Dwayne

Hi Dwayne,

Thank you very much for considering Aspose.

Could you please elaborate your requirement a little bit? Do you just want to show the HTML code in some control or you want to convert the HTML code to PDF?

Please share your thoughts so we could guide you accordingly.
Regards,

Hi Shahzad,

I would like to convert the html code to PDF.

Hi Dwayne,

First of all, I would like to share with you that we have merged Aspose.Pdf.Kit for .NET into Aspose.Pdf for .NET. Aspose.Pdf.Kit for .NET will be discontinued from October 2011.

Secondly, Aspose.Pdf for .NET allows you to create a new PDF file from scratch using HTML. Please see the following topic for details and code sample: Convert HTML to PDF using Inline HTML.

So, if you want to convert an HTML page to a PDF page, you may use the above code snippet. And later on you can insert that page into an existing PDF using the following sample: Insert PDF Pages to another PDF.

Please see if this helps in your scenario. If you think this doesn’t satisfy your requirements, then please share some more details, so we could help you accordingly.

Regards,

Hi Shahzad,

Thanks for your reply. I have 2 questions.

1. I need to add html to a placeholder of an existing page in the pdf (display html formatting, not display html code). You can see an example in the image I have attached. What component can I use to accomplish this and is there a sample of code I can view?

2. My company purchase aspose.total for .Net about 1year ago. Will I need to upgrade our License to recieve the latest dlls?

Thanks

Hi Dwayne,

We’re looking into your requirement at our end and you’ll be updated with the results shortly.

Regards,

Hi Shahzad,

Thanks a lot for your help. We are currently working on a project that is schedule for completion on Oct. 20. If we could get a response in a reasonable time frame that will help us meet our deadline or research other components that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi Dwayne,

I’m sorry to share with you that it is not feasible to fulfill your requirement at the moment. However, if you could share the sample input PDF file as well, we’ll further investigate and try to provide support for this feature in our future versions. Nevertheless, it is going to take some time before this feature is supported.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,