Adding printers crop and trim marks

We are using the component to create dynamic PDFs which will be used by a printer to print hard copy booklets. Is it possible to insert printer’s crop and trim marks using aspose.pdf?

Thank you for considering Aspose.

Please refer to ArtBox, BleedBox and CropBox. I don’t know if that can help you. Trim mark is not supported but we’d like to add support for it. Can you please provide some detailed info about what you want?

Great to get quick reply.

It looks BleedBox it the right thing. What we need is the result page with cutting marks around the contents, like

http://www.connectingforhealth.nhs.uk/nhsuk/publications/docs/Lion_ad_Jan04.pdf

But when I programme like

rect1.LowerLeftX = 50;

rect1.LowerLeftY = 50;

rect1.UperRightX = 50;

rect1.UperRightY = 50;

rect1.UperRightY = PageSize.A5Width;

rect1.UperRightX = PageSize.A5Height;

pdf.PageSetup.BleedBox = rect1;

I can not see any marks at all. Please help.

Thanks,

Mark

Hi Tommy,

I believe what need is tick marks. Look in

http://www.connectingforhealth.nhs.uk/nhsuk/publications/docs/Lion_ad_Jan04.pdf

Please could you help to find the function and a simple example?

Regards,

Mark

Dear Mark,

I think it is not difficult to support the trim marks. I have noted the marks at the coner of the page. There are also 4 marks at the middle of each side, are they also trim marks? How to decide their position?

Hi Tommy,

We would like to know if there is a systematic function to decide and support such tick marks, which are standard to printing industry.

I have put the marks with floatingBox, but I do not know the standard positions as you asked.

Thanks again,

Mark

Dear Mark,

I found content about this issue in the PDF reference. But I need to study this issue in order to decide how to provide this feature.

I may need several days to support this feature. How urgent are you?

Dear Tommy,

We need this solution quite urgent, tomorrow is the day we decide if the project is taken.
Our time tomorrow before 12:00 is your time about 7pm.

Another problem is even more strange and important. I think it could be a common question from your customers and wish to be answered ASAP.

We are using CMYK colour space instead of RGB. But we find the result very wrong.
Here is the details.

In xml format, it was,

Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

then convert into cmyk checked in Photoshop, as

Resulting in huge different colour, which I checked back in Photoshop again, as
CMYK 33 24 2 1 or RGB 168 179 214

Is it because the system handling CMYK improperly, or some how we have to do page setup specially ti cmyk?

Could you try this data overthere? This problem is even more serious to us this moment. We are using version 2.9.

Thank you very much,

Mark

Hi Mark,

We will investigate these issues but I am afraid we can't resolve the problems tomorrow. If you can't wait, I can only say sorry to you.

After studying the PDF reference I found we can’t support the printer marks in short time. We will try to support this feature later. This may need several weeks.

Has the ability to add printer marks been implemented in Aspose.PDF yet?

Hi Dirk,

Thanks for your inquiry. I am afraid the requested feature is not implemented yet. However we have linked your post to the issue id and we will keep you updated about the issue resolution progress.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Bet Regards,

I am also very interested in crop marks.

Also on a related note… Would it be possible to convert a regular A4 pdf into e.g. a 2-UP Oversize A3 …with crop marks. ( I am happy to draw the crop mark graphs myself, but built-in would be better)

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your inquiry. I am afraid the crop marks feature is still not implemented. However he have recorded your request and will notify you as soon as it is implemented.

Furthermore, you can create NUP PDF files using Aspose.Pdf for .NET. Please check following documentation link, it will help you to accomplish the task.

Please feel free to contact us for any further assistance.

Best Regards,

Thanks Tilal,

I have already implemented my own solution, as I needed extra unique barcodes on each page as well as crop marks. I just have to call optimize every 100 pages to keep the memory consumption under control.

But I will keep the NUP feature in mind.

Regards,
Daniel

@dcalde What did you use to draw the crop marks? Would you mind sharing some code?

dcalde:
Thanks Tilal,

I have already implemented my own solution, as I needed extra unique barcodes on each page as well as crop marks. I just have to call optimize every 100 pages to keep the memory consumption under control.

But I will keep the NUP feature in mind.

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for contacting support.

Please try using above shared approach and in case you encounter any issue or you have any further query, please feel free to contact.

I’ve finally created a c# function to add printer marks on the trim box. Get the Gist:
Adding printer marks with Aspose.Pdf

@dirq

Thanks for the acknowledgment.

It is good to know that you have managed to achieve what you required by using our API. The shared link to C# function would definitely help others having similar requirements. Please keep using our API and in event of any query, please feel free to ask.