Adding rows more than 30 using ImportCustomObjects shows warning while opening the file ms excel

Hi,
I am using Aspose.Cells Nuget version 21.5.0 and we are in process of purchasing license for that.

I observed that .xlsx file created using ImportCustomObjects to import more than 30 rows shows error “we found problem with some content in excel…”.

Wanted to know is this limitation of evaluation version or issue with aspose.cell?

Thanks,
Deepak

@deepakdhirhe,
This error is not an evaluation limitation but some other problem. If you want to test Aspose.Cells without evaluation version limitations, you can also request a 30 Day Temporary License.

Please share template file and sample code for our testing. We will reproduce the problem and provide our feedback after analysis.

Thanks for the quick response. Here is the sample code

Workbook wb = new Workbook();
wb.Settings.MemorySetting = MemorySetting.MemoryPreference;

string wbPath = Path.Combine(Directory.GetCurrentDirectory(), $"EmployeeInfo.xlsx");

Workbook wbTemplate = new Workbook(wbPath);
        Worksheet wsTemplate = wbTemplate.Worksheets[0];
        Cells cells = wsTemplate.Cells;
        cells.MemorySetting = MemorySetting.MemoryPreference;

Worksheet ws = wb.Worksheets[0];
        ws.Name = "New Employee Sheet";
        ws.Copy(wsTemplate, new CopyOptions());

List<dynamic> employeeList = new List<dynamic>();

for (int i = 0; i <= 30; i++)
        {
            employeeList.Add(new { Name = "Xyz" + i, PercentageBTECH = "70%", Percentage12th = "70%", Percentage10th = "60%", KRA = "Development", Department = "Products HRMS", Location = "NY", Address = "NY", Locality = "NY", Pin = "11-1122", Gender = "M", OtherInformation = "None" });
        }

ws.Cells.ImportCustomObjects(employeeList, new string[] { "Name", "PercentageBTECH", "Percentage12th", "Percentage10th", "KRA", "Department", "Location", "Address", "Locality", "Pin", "Gender", "OtherInformation" },
                   true, 1, 0, employeeList.Count, true, "dd-MMM-yyy", true);
        ws.Cells.MemorySetting = MemorySetting.MemoryPreference;

string filePath = Path.Combine(Directory.GetCurrentDirectory(), $"report-{ DateTime.Now.ToString("dd-MMM-yyyy-HH-mm-ss")}.xlsx");
        wb.Save(filePath, SaveFormat.Xlsx);

Excel template and Warning screenshot attached here : EmployeeInfo.zip (33.4 KB)

Thanks,
Deepak

@deepakdhirhe,
We have observed this issue and logged it in our database for further investigation. You will be notified here in this thread once any update is ready for sharing.

This issue is logged as:
CELLSNET-48082 - Adding rows more than 30 using ImportCustomObjects shows warning while opening the file ms excel

@deepakdhirhe,

This is to inform you that your issue has been resolved. We will provide the fixed version (we will share the Download link(s) to the fix) in the next few days after performing QA and incorporating other enhancements and fixes.

Thanks for the update.

@deepakdhirhe,

Please try our latest fix:
Aspose.Cells21.5.4 For .Net2_AuthenticodeSigned.Zip (5.5 MB)
Aspose.Cells21.5.4 For .Net4.0.Zip (5.5 MB)
Aspose.Cells21.5.4 For .NetStandard20.Zip (5.5 MB)

Thank you @johnson.shi

I am working on .Net 5 project. Can you please provide lib for that or suggest which of these zip file i can use?

thanks,
Deepak

@deepakdhirhe,

Please try using .NET Standard fix or .NET4.0 fix in your .NET 5.0 project.

Hi @Amjad_Sahi,
I am using nuget package. Unfortunately I did not find way to use these dlls in my .net 5 core application. By any chance can you provide steps to refer these dll in .net 5 core application?

Thanks,
Deepak Dhirhe

@deepakdhirhe,
I am afraid that NuGet package cannot be provided for this fix as it will be available with the next regular release in the mid of June. You may please try to add reference to these dlls manually in your solution.

We will be waiting for the NuGet Package. We have also received Total license as well. Please notify when package is released.

@deepakdhirhe,

Sure, we will notify you in this thread once the next release is published, so you could get the new version( Aspose.Cells for .NET 21.6) from Nuget repos.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-48082) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by simon.zhao