Addresses aren't being resolved

When I add recipients to a MailMessage instance (i.e. msg.To.Add(new MailAddress("john.smith@nasa.gov"))), save the message, and then reopen the message in Outlook, it simply displays "john.smith@nasa.gov" as expected. However, in Outlook, when I click “Check Names”, I expect it to resolve the address to display “John Smith” (and the same type of thing for distribution lists), but it just continues to display the address (underlined). However, if I copy the address into Notepad, copy and paste it back into the address field, and then click “Check Names”, it resolves properly. Any ideas how to get this to work in code? I tried messing with the “ignoreSmtpCheck” option, but to no avail.

@NASAKSCITSecurity

We were able to reproduce this issue and it has been logged with ID “EMAILNET-39177” for further investigation. You will automatically be informed here once we have more information to share.

@NASAKSCITSecurity

We have investigated the issue and found that Outlook’s function “Check names” does not depend on properties of message and turn on after changes in fields To, CC or BCC (suppose after text_changes event). Our API can not provide such event in UI of Outlook, so it can’t be fixed from code.
We are sorry for inconvenience.