Adhoc reporting in Aspose Tasks

I am looking for an alternative to using MsProject 2010 Server to be able to write custom reports from a MS Project 2010 file. More specifically, I am interested in know if I can do this through Aspose Tasks, where I can select any information from the Tasks/Resources/Assignments in a MS Project 2010 file.

I’d also like to know if subproject are supported.

Thanks in advance,
tom

Thomas Bougetz
4Parts Design
www.4partsdesign.com

Hi Tom,

Thanks for considering Aspose.Tasks as an alternative to using MSProject 2010 Server.

We are glad to inform that Aspose.Tasks is fully capable of working with MS Project 2010 project files, Tasks, Task Links, Task Baselines, Resources, Resource Assignments, Calendars and many more.

Please have a look at the Programmer’s Guide which contains lot of ready to run samples and technical details regarding above mentioned features.

Aspose.Tasks also has the capability to identify tasks through subprojects and linked projects. Please have a look at this link where ExternalId, ExternalTaskProject, IsSubProject and SubProjectName properties are available to handle the sub-projects and linked projects.

Please feel free to write us back if you have any further query.