Adobe.PDF - signature certification is invalid

Hi,

I have sent a pdf document for signature through Adobe.com. When I open the signed document, it comes up with a notification stated “certification by is invalid” and when I have looked at the document properties, the PDF Producer is Aspose.PDF for Java 23.7 not Adobe sign. How can I get this signature certified by a EU trusted certificate?

Many thanks,

@ABKS
Could you please share this document so we can investigate the issue?

SapBYD Design Notes - signed.pdf (195.7 KB)

Hi, here is an example

@ABKS
Could you please describe how did you get your result?
I tried to create copy of content and sign with self-asserted certificate and at least signature doesn’t count as broken - just that it has problems
Did you by any chance changed document content after signing?
sign_test.pdf (668.0 KB)

Hi,

I was trying to replicate a case that happened with one of my colleague that signed a doc that had sent him signature.

1. I created the document
  2. Logged on Adobe.com to send for signature to another email address
  3. the Signer signed the document
  4. Adobesign emailed me the signed document which is protected from any change.

When I open it, I get the error message. When I look at the properties of the doc it’s Aspose.pdf

I have sent docs for signatures multiple times, I’ve checked the docs that are okay (with a signature being certified by a trusted EU certificate) and in the properties I can see that the PDF producer is Adobe Acrobat and not Aspose…

I still don’t get why some pdf documents are Aspose and why I can’t get a the certification with them…

@ABKS
Let me clarify this moment - documents that break after sending for signature don’t have
“Aspose.PDF for Java 23.7” in PDF producer property?

Hi,

Yes they do.

All the document with “Aspose.PDF for Java 23.7” are broken and the signature can’t be certified.

@ABKS
it’s a bit wild guess but could you try to change Producer name in document and check will it be broken after signing?
Something like the following

Document document = new Document(inputPath);
document.Info.Producer = "Adobe.Sign";
document.Save(outputPath);

Also, how do you get this Aspose.PDF for Java 23.7 produced files?
Maybe there’s something with how they are produced

Hi,

I can’t modified the document because this document has been signed and can’t be modified.

I am trying to certify the signature of a document already signed by someone else

I get them by email from Adobe

@ABKS
I mean modify such document before signing with Adobe Sign
In any case, there are too little details why this happens
We don’t have access to Adobe Sign procedure details and it’s unclear at which stage such document can’t be signed properly
maybe it’s a good idea to contact them and ask why in their service such documents are returned with broken signature

I’ve contacted them and they can’t explain why all the documents that come back with the extension “Aspose.PDF” have broken signature so I thought I would get more help with you…
I’ll contact them again.

Thanks

1 Like