Adobe Reader opens a non pdf/a file as pdf/a after saving this file by Aspose.PDF

Dear Aspose Support Team,

When I open the attached file PDF1.pdf in adobe reader, the message “This file claims compliance with the PDF/A standard and has been opened read-only to prevent modification.” appears not.

Then I open and save this file in C#, Aspose.PDF 23.5.0 with:

Aspose.Pdf.Facades.Form tmpPdfForm = new Aspose.Pdf.Facades.Form();
tmpPdfForm.BindPdf(PathOfPDF1)
tmpPdfForm.Save(OutputStream);

Before and after saving tmpPdfForm.Document.IsPdfaCompliant returns false.

Inserting

tmpPdfForm.Document.RemovePdfaCompliance();

before Save doesn’t help.

When I open the saved file (attached file PDF2.pdf) in adobe reader, the message “This file claims compliance with the PDF/A standard and has been opened read-only to prevent modification.” appears erroneously. We need this file as non PDF/A.

Thank you for your consideration. I look forward to hearing from you.

PDF1.pdf (1.8 MB)
PDF2.pdf (2.1 MB)

@newwin-sws

We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): PDFNET-54809

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

We could resolve the problem by adding this line of code:

_ = tmpPdfForm.Document.TaggedContent;
before
tmpPdfForm.Document.RemovePdfaCompliance();

This works also, PdfUa instead of Pdfa:

_ = tmpPdfForm.Document.TaggedContent;
tmpPdfForm.Document.RemovePdfUaCompliance();

@newwin-sws

It is nice to hear that you were able to resolve your issue. We have also updated the ticket information for review and will let you know in case we have some more feedback to share with you in this regard. In case of any further assistance, please feel free to create a new topic.