Adobe Typewriter Tool edits do not show up in PDF rendered through Aspose

I have a document management application which allows the user to upload PDF documents.

The application also allows the user to preview the PDF within the browser through the Aspose component. We make this work by using the dll to convert the PDF pages to tif images. The tifs are then loaded and displayed to the user.

The problem is if a PDF is loaded which contains text created through Adobe Acrobat typewriter tool, the text from the adobe typewriter is not displayed in the resulting tiff image.

Example:

1. Say I have apples.pdf with an image of apples. I open the PDF in adobe, and decide to write "Apples" as a caption with adobe typewriter. I save the document and close it.

2. I open my document management application and upload apples.pdf to the app. When I click on the option to preview the pdf in the application, the apples.pdf is converted to a tiff, and the resulting image is loaded on to the screen for me to see. As a result, I see the image of apples without the caption.

Hi Jerry,

First off, please download the latest version of Aspose.Pdf.Kit for .NET and try at your end. If it doesn’t resolve your issue then please share the input PDF file (which contains the text added using Adobe Typewriter) with us, so we could further look into this issue at our end. The code snippet you’re using for the PDF to TIFF conversion would be helpful as well.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,

Adobe Typewriter Tool edits do not show up in PDF ganarated through Aspose

Hi Naresh,

Thanks for your interest in our products.

Can you please share some details regarding the issue which you are facing. We are sorry for your inconvenience.

Hello shahzad.latif,

I’m having the same problem converting PDFs with Adobe Typewrite Tool edits.
I’ve already tried to use the latest version of Aspose.Pdf.kit for .net and the issue still remains.

Here is the code snippet:

Stream file = GetFile();

Aspose.Pdf.Kit.PdfConverter pdfconv = new Aspose.Pdf.Kit.PdfConverter();
pdfconv.BindPdf(file);
pdfconv.Resolution = 95;
pdfconv.DoConvert();
while (pdfconv.HasNextImage())
{
string
destfilename = GetNextFileName();
pdfconv.GetNextImage(destfilename, ImageFormat.Jpeg);
}

At the moment, I do not have the Adobe Acrobat Writer to enable the typewriter extension on an example PDF.
Is there a way to do it with Aspose.pdf?

Best Regards,
Rui

Hi Rui,

Thanks for using our products and sorry for replying you late.

Can you please share the PDF document causing this issue so that we can test the scenario at our end. We are sorry for this inconvenience.
Hi,

Here is the PDF and the result image.

Hi,

Thanks for sharing the resource files.

I have tested the scenario using Aspose.Pdf for .NET 7.2.0 and as per my observations, the resultant PDF is correct. Can you please try using the latest release version and again test the scenario.

[C#]

Aspose.Pdf.Facades.PdfConverter pdfconv = new
Aspose.Pdf.Facades.PdfConverter();<o:p></o:p>

pdfconv.BindPdf("D:\\pdftest\\PdfWithTypewriterFilled.pdf");

pdfconv.Resolution = new Aspose.Pdf.Devices.Resolution(300);

pdfconv.DoConvert();

while (pdfconv.HasNextImage())

{

// string destfilename = GetNextFileName();

pdfconv.GetNextImage("D:\\pdftest\\PdfWithTypewriterFilled.JPG", System.Drawing.Imaging.ImageFormat.Jpeg);

}

Please take a look over the resultant Image which I have generated.

Please note that since the release of Aspose.Pdf for .NET 6.0.0, Aspose.Pdf.Kit for .NET has been merged into this product and legacy Aspose.Pdf.Kit for .NET has been discontinued. Please visit the following links for more details on

Hi,

As you have suggested, I migrated the code to use the namespace Aspose.Pdf.Facades from Aspose.Pdf library, instead of the Aspose.Pdf.Kit from Aspose.Pdf.Kit, and it stated to work.

Tanks for your support.

Regards,
Rui

Hi Rui,

Thanks for contacting support.

I am glad to hear that your problem is resolved. Please continue using our products and in case you encounter the similar problem or you have any further query, please feel free to contact.
Thought-provoking commentary - I Appreciate the info - Does anyone know if my business would be able to get access to a blank a form copy to type on ?

Hi Elie,

Thanks for your inquriy. I am afraid I am not clear about your requirement, I will appreciate it if you please share some more details, so we will guide you accordingly.

However if you want to fill a PDF form using Aspose.Pdf then please check following documentation link for the details.

Best Regards,