After 60 seconds we receive 'ContextSwitchDeadlock' exception during Load command using there dfx

Good mooring,
we are using Aspose.CAD 20.1.0 and we are running this simple piece of code.

Aspose.CAD.Image image = Aspose.CAD.Image.Load(filePath);

In debug after 60 seconds we receive this exception:

Managed Debugging Assistant ‘ContextSwitchDeadlock’ :
‘The CLR has been unable to transition from COM context 0xdfc5c0 to COM context 0xdfc678 for 60 seconds.
The thread that owns the destination context/apartment is most likely either doing a non pumping wait or processing a very long running operation without pumping Windows messages.
This situation generally has a negative performance impact and may even lead to the application becoming non responsive or memory usage accumulating continually over time.
To avoid this problem, all single threaded apartment (STA) threads should use pumping wait primitives (such as CoWaitForMultipleHandles) and routinely pump messages during
long running operations.’

This exception is throws only using some dxf files, you can see one example in attachment.
broken-example.zip (90.5 KB)

We have bought a license last week after several tests and now we have discovered this problem.
The customer is very angry, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

@elfosrl,

I have worked with the sample DXF shared by you. On my end, I have encountered long un-ending wait on loading the file. An issue with ID CADNET-1037 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be notified once the issue will be fixed.

1 Like

20 days have passed, is there any news on the resolution of this bug?

@elfosrl,

I like to share that the concerned issue has recently been created and is pending for investigation in issues queue. We request for your patience and will share updates with you as soon as it will be fixed.

A month has passed since the bug opened.
We begin to have big problems with the customer who has paid and does not have the service.

We have not identified temporary workarounds. Do you have any suggestions on this?

Can you provide an indicative bug fix release date? A week a month a year?

@elfosrl,

I have verified from our issue tracking system and regret to share that at present the issue is still unresolved. However, tentatively it is likely going to fix in Aspose.CAD 20.5. We request for your patience and will share feedback with you as soon as issue will be fixed.

We saw that version 20.4.0 is out but as you told us it doesn’t contain the bug fix we are waiting for.
Do you think it is possible to add “Priority Support” to the license we purchased, this could speed up the resolution or we spend more money for nothing?
The client sends us one email a day and we can’t find workaround because the bug occurs when we instanced the Image class.
When do you think you’re gonna get the 20.5 out?

@elfosrl,

I like to share that the issue has been marked for resolution in upcoming Aspose.CAD for .NET 20.5 which will be rolled out by end of May. We request for your patience and will share updates with you as soon as it will be released.

Is there any news regarding version Aspose.CAD for .NET 20.5 that you planned to release by the end of May?

@elfosrl,

We have Aspose.CAD for .NET 20.6 planned for 25 June, 2020. We request for your patience and will share the good news with you as soon as the product will be shared online.

1 Like

It seems that our issue “CADNET-1037” is not present inside the Release Notes for Aspose.CAD 20.6.
Before starting with the internal tests, using files under review, we would like to have the confirmation that the issue has been resolved.

@elfosrl,

Yes, it has been marked as resolved for upcoming Aspose.CAD for .NET 20.7. We will share notification with you as soon as the respective product will be shared online.

Hi,
any news on this? When the Aspose.CAD for .NET 20.7 (that contains our fix) will be released? Actually we are waiting since long time for this fix, and we would like to have it very very soon.

@elfosrl,

We request for your patience as concerned Aspose.CAD for .NET 20.7 will be scheduled for online release in few days. We will share notification with you once it will be shared online.