After a MS Project 2016 update, project file saves with missing data

When I discovered this issue I changed the code to immediately save the file after opening it as below: projectApp = new Project(projectFile);
projectApp.Save(projectFile, Aspose.Tasks.Saving.SaveFileFormat.MPP);

MS Project before save:
Screen Shot 2018-01-12 at 10.30.46.png (367.7 KB)

MS project after save:
Screen Shot 2018-01-12 at 10.33.10.png (219.0 KB)

@aholland.syncronolog,

Thank you for writing to Aspose support team.

Could you please share the source project file and the output project file with us for our testing here? It will help us to observe the problem here and provide assistance accordingly.

How do I send you these files?

I have uploaded the files in a zip archive:

IMPORTBeforeSave.zip (121.5 KB)

@aholland.syncronolog,

Thank you for sharing the sample files. This issue is observed and logged under id:TASKSNET-2228 for further investigation by the product team. You will be automatically notified once any update is received in this regard.

I have done some more testing with a project that was saved before the Office update.
The version of the project before the update works fine.
import test with resource 2326-1-BeforeMSOfficeUpdate.zip (39.3 KB)

If I open the project in MS Project that had the Office update applied and save it and then use Aspose.Tasks to open and save I end up with the following project:
import test with resource 2326-1-AfterMSOfficeUpdate.zip (39.2 KB)
import test with resource 2326-1-AfterMSOfficeUpdateAndSavingWithAsposeTasks.zip (39.5 KB)

Hope this helps.
Do you know when this will be looked at?

@aholland.syncronolog,

Could you please share which exact build of MS 2016 you have updated to?

Please see version from “Programs and Features”
Screen Shot 2018-01-15 at 09.29.04.png (5.8 KB)

@aholland.syncronolog,

Thank you for sharing the information. We have added this to the logged ticket for further consideration by our Product team.

When do you think we will get this issue resolved?
This is very urgent for us.

@aholland.syncronolog,

This issue is logged to recently and is still in queue for analysis. Once it is analyzed and any ETA is provided by the product team, you will be notified here automatically. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you in this regard.

I can see that the issue is resolved in Tasksnet id 2228. What does this mean to me and if there is an updated version how do i receive this?

@aholland.syncronolog,

Thank you for writing to Aspose support team again.

Yes, you are right that this issue is resolved and will be part of our next release expected in the Mid of Feb, 2018. You will be automatically notified once new version is ready for download after QA and release process.

Hi,

We have not received any notification of the Mid February release.
Could you please let me know when this version will be released?

@aholland.syncronolog,

We are glad to share that your issue is resolved and this new version is released and ready to download. You may please download the latest version here and test the scenario.