After Exporting PPTX to PDF in Java, the German Umlaut Becomes Bold in PDF

I use Aspose Slides Java to export a PPT to PDF, however the German umlaut becomes bold on PDF.

Here it is the original PPT file
Präsentation Vim.zip (1,3 MB)

Here it is the Aspose generated PDF file
Aspose_PPTX.pdf (6,2 MB)

On the first page, as you can see, the German language Umlaut “Ü” becomes bold in PDF.

By the way, this Powerpoint file uses Roboto-font, which is not part of standard windows installation, and our Aspose Service runs on a standard windows server.

Our current code is so:

final com.aspose.slides.LoadOptions loadOptions = new LoadOptions();
loadOptions.getBlobManagementOptions().setPresentationLockingBehavior(PresentationLockingBehavior.KeepLocked);
loadOptions.getBlobManagementOptions().setTemporaryFilesAllowed(true);
loadOptions.getBlobManagementOptions().setTempFilesRootPath(""); //TODO: set Temp Files path
loadOptions.getBlobManagementOptions().setMaxBlobsBytesInMemory(100000000);
loadOptions.setDefaultTextLanguage();

final Presentation presentation = new Presentation(pptFilename, loadOptions);
presentation.save(targetPDFname, com.aspose.slides.SaveFormat.Pdf);

@zwei,
Thank you for reporting on the issue. I’ve reproduced the problem you described.

We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): SLIDESJAVA-39398

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

@zwei,
The issues you found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-39398) have been fixed in Aspose.Slides for Java 24.3 (JAR).
You can check all fixes on the Release Notes page.
You can also find the latest version of our library on the Product Download page.

1 Like

We use Aspose Total License and Gradle Kotlin, how should I adjust the dependency for this update?

@zwei,
I am working on your question and will get back to you soon.

1 Like

@zwei,
We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will consider your question according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): SLIDESJAVA-39420

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

1 Like

@zwei,
Our developers have reviewed your question. Please use the following code:

compile(group: 'com.aspose', name: 'aspose-slides', version: '24.3', classifier: 'jdk16')

You should also need to add this repository:

repositories 
{
    maven {
        url "https://releases.aspose.com/java/repo/"
    }
}

thank you; however, I hope the new version of Aspose Total comes soon.

@zwei,
Thank you for using Aspose.Slides. Aspose.Total for Java will be released either at the end of March or in early April.

1 Like