Ajax problems

hi,

I purchased the grid. iam implementing ajax. grid have so many problems with ajax.

i placed the grid in update panel.

1. Exporting to excel is not working.

2. client side functions not working. means i have written one function for displaying confirmation message before deleting a record. with out ajax the function is working fine but with ajax the grid is not working. its not responding to any events. like click on save button also its not responding. when i remove the java script function its working normally with ajax.

3. In some pages display style has changed. i separated the grid from update panel its working fine.

now my requirement is:

I want to diaply the confirmation message before deleting a record and i want to place the grid in update panel. how can i do that?

if i place the grid in update panel exporting has to work well.

and one more thing why the display styles has changing.? what i have to do for rectifying all those errors.

i need solution as possible as early

thanking you

swapna

Hi Swapna,

Could you try to place the gridweb control outside of update panel for the time being. We will check and get back to you soon.

Thanks for being patient!

Hi,

1. I have test the grid's client side event in AJAX environment, they worked well. Please check the page's source in your browser, and check the grid's id you called in your js function is exactly the id that the asp.net has generated.

2. Exporting files with ajax environment will be different that normal. In the SaveCommand handler, you may save the grid's content to a temp file then redirect the response to a seperate page to let the user download the excel file. Here is some code sample:

Main page:

protected void GridWeb1_SaveCommand(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
GridWeb1.WebWorksheets.SaveToExcelFile("d:/temp/temp.xls");
Response.Redirect("Default2.aspx", true);
}

Default2.aspx:

protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
Response.Clear();
// Sents the file to browser.
Response.ContentType = "application/vnd.ms-excel";
//Adds header.
Response.AddHeader("content-disposition", "attachment; filename=book1.xls");
Response.WriteFile("d:/temp/temp.xls");
Response.End();
}
}

3. I suggest to put only one grid in each UpdatePanel.

Thank you.

Haii

1) When i put the Grid control in ajax update panel , the grid is not displaying properly. Grid lines are not displaying and data also displaying verious places.

2) I need a code for conformation delete when i delete a row in grid. (grid is in updatepanel). should i need to change any properties in grid to work this feature.

Best Regards

Swapna