Alternate font name in font table

Hi,

I have enclosed a …docx file which has some issues when converted to .doc

1. The converted file does not have a Alternate Font Name for two (non-windows system) fonts (Concourse C6 and Equity Text A).

2. The list with listid 104152783 has empty list levels, ie leveltext is null, and levelnumbers are all 0. (Luckily, we have a workaround, in that it is the same templateid as the list entry before it, so the levels can be copied in)

3. Embedded fonts are not present.

I have tested these on Aspose.Words.dll version 15.70, which is the latest.

The first item is the most important.

Thanks

chris stevenson

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please try latest version 15.8.0 and see if the problems go away?
https://releases.aspose.com/words/net

I have attached a .doc file here for your reference. It was generated using MS Word 2013 on my end. Do you see the same problems with this .doc?

Did you use MS Word 2013 to observe these problems in Aspose.Words generated .doc? Please list steps which enable us to observe the same issues on our end using MS Word.

Best regards,

Hi Awais,

Your document works for issue 1 (when converted to docx), so that led me to determine that altname is not present in the font table entry in the docx. So that’s not an issue for you :slight_smile:

Issues 2 and 3 are still present.

Thanks for your help, and I like your job title!

chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your inquiry.

Unfortunately, your questions aren’t clear enough therefore we request you to please elaborate your inquiry further by providing steps to observe these problems on our end using MS Word 2013. Are you saving “Original Test 1.docx” to DOC and then again to DOCX format using Aspose.Words (i.e. DOCX to DOC to DOCX roundtrip)?

Document docx = new Document(MyDir + @"Original+Test+1.docx");
MemoryStream docStream = new MemoryStream();
docx.Save(docStream, SaveFormat.Doc);
Document doc = new Document(docStream);
doc.Save(MyDir + "15.8.0.docx");

If your code is different, please also provide your source code. Also, please create comparison screenshots which show the problematic areas in Aspose.Words generated document and attach them here for our reference. This will help us to understand your scenario, and we will be in a better position to address your concerns accordingly.

Best regards,