"Protected View" message in DOC file

Hi,

When I merge 607 times the “Aspose.doc” with Aspose.Words 13.1.0, Word opens the result document “Aspose_607pages.doc” in
mode Protected View(Error message :
<span lang=“EN-US” style=“font-size:10.5pt;
font-family:“Calibri”,“sans-serif”;mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri;mso-fareast-theme-font:
minor-latin;color:#333333;mso-ansi-language:EN-US;mso-fareast-language:EN-US;
mso-bidi-language:AR-SA”>‘Protected View, Office has
font-family:“Calibri”,“sans-serif”;mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri;mso-fareast-theme-font:
minor-latin;mso-bidi-font-family:“Times New Roman”;color:#333333;mso-ansi-language:
EN-US;mso-fareast-language:EN-US;mso-bidi-language:AR-SA”>
<span lang=“EN-US” style=“font-size:10.5pt;font-family:“Calibri”,“sans-serif”;
mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri;mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-bidi-font-family:
“Times New Roman”;color:#333333;mso-ansi-language:EN-US;mso-fareast-language:
EN-US;mso-bidi-language:AR-SA”>detected
minor-latin;mso-bidi-font-family:“Times New Roman”;color:#333333;mso-ansi-language:
EN-US;mso-fareast-language:EN-US;mso-bidi-language:AR-SA”>
<span lang=“EN-US” style=“font-size:10.5pt;font-family:“Calibri”,“sans-serif”;
mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri;mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin;color:#333333;
mso-ansi-language:EN-US;mso-fareast-language:EN-US;mso-bidi-language:AR-SA”>a
problem with this file. Editing it may harm your computer. Click for more
details.’
).

When I merge 606 times the “Aspose.doc” with Aspose.Words 13.1.0, Word opens the result document “Aspose_606pages.doc” correctly.

Can you tell me if you can reproduce the problem?

Aspose.doc : the source file.
Aspose_606pages.doc : the result file with Aspose 13.1.0. - Java argument : -Xmx2560m
Aspose_607pages.doc : the result file with Aspose 13.1.0. (‘Protected view’ error appears) - Java argument : -Xmx2560m

Thanks for your responsiveness,

Best Regards,
Patrice ANTOINE
Hi ANTOINE,

Thank you very much for reporting the issue to us.

I was able to reproduce the issue with your 607 page document and have logged this issue as WORDSNET-7745 in our issue tracking system. I have also linked this forum thread to the issue so that you will be notified via this thread as soon as the issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience. Please do let us know if you have any more queries.

Hi,

It is to update you that our development team has completed the analysis of this issue and the root cause has been identified. The problem occurs because your 607 pages document has more than 32768 textboxes. Alghough it’s not specified in DOC specifications but it seems that textbox count in document is limited to this value. The problem is Txid attribute of shape which represent textbox. This attribute is SIGNED integer and holds textbox index in high word so there can be only 32768 indexes i.e textboxes. We will simply provide a warning through the IWarningCallback interface when this situation occurs. Please let me know if this is acceptable to you.

Best regards,
Hi Antoine,

It is to update you that our development team has completed the work on your issue (WORDSNET-7745) and has come to a conclusion that this issue and the undesired behaviour you're observing is actually not a bug in Aspose.Words. So, we've closed this issue as 'Not a Bug'. If we can help you with anything else, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,