in HTML

We are using Aspose words to save RTF (added to a document from a Rich Text Box) in to HTML for use to send as email.

However some times when the code is converted the HTML contains which isUnicode and ISO 8859-1 for non-breaking space (see http://www.biglist.com/lists/xsl-list/archives/200108/msg00235.html).

Some email clients such as Outlook do not care however other mail clients will print this character and in turn make the message look odd.

Is there a way to avoid this?

Thanks

Hi John,

Thanks for your request. You can try to replace this with simple white space, or maybe with** .** Maybe this will help to resolve the problem.

In additional, maybe the following article could be useful for you:

http://www.aspose.com/documentation/file-format-components/aspose.words-for-.net-and-java/convert-a-document-to-mhtml-and-email.html

Best regards,

I just used a simple string replace in the end.

I found this thread because we had a similar problem, and just thought I would add a note for future “searchers”.
We had a problem like the one mentioned, and in our case, the clients having problems were using Lotus Notes mail client.
In our specific case, the codes were inserted by aspose when converting empty lines (containing only a paragraph symbol in word).
After numerous attempts, I found out that any attempt to replace the code with either a normal space " " or nothing “”, resulted in formatting problems in other mail clients (tested: outlook 2003 & 2007 and Gmail), as these would then simple delete the empty lines.
The final solution was to replace with the html-entity version
This fixed the problem in Lotus Notes without messing up the formatting in the other clients.
I wonder if there is a specific reason (maybe opposite issues with other clients?) for Aspose to use the xml version of the entitiy instead of in the first place?

Hope this info is useful to somebody out there

Regards Jan

Hi Jan,

Thank you for sharing your experience. We use instead of because does not conform XHTML 1.1 Strict.

Best regards,