An object is changed after open and save using Aspose Cells DotNET 19.7

Hi,
I’m having a problem with an object in XLS file. After opening and saving back to file, use Microsoft Excel 365 open output file, the content of object changed to another.

Sample code:

string input = @"D:\sample.xls";
string output = @"D:\output.xls";
using(var inStream = new FileStream(inputXlsFile, FileMode.Open, FileAccess.Read, FileShare.ReadWrite))
{
var workbook = new Workbook(inStream);
workbook.Save(output);
}

Here is sample file that I created to test: sample.zip (6.4 KB)

Here is the different: Untitled.png (6.2 KB)

Please help me check and investigate the problem.

Thank you.

@dunghnguyen,

Thanks for the template file and sample code.

After an initial test, I am able to reproduce the issue as you mentioned by using your sample code with your template file. I found that the object resided in the cells is changed (as per your screenshot) after open and save using Aspose.Cells APIs. I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSJAVA-42985” for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know.

Hi @Amjad_Sahi,

My issue happen with C# DotNet, can you log a new ticket with C#, too?

Thank you

@dunghnguyen,

I have moved the issue under Aspose.Cells for .NET project tickets. In fact, I evaluated/checked using Aspose.Cells for .NET but by mistake it was logged in Java project. Now I have corrected it.

We have investigated your issue further. Which tool you used to create this file? The string value of A1 is “\uDBC0” which is out of Unicode range. We have to look into how to get string from the binary array.

@Amjad_Sahi,

This file come from a test file of our customer which evaluating our product. I will ask him how can he create this string value and give feedback for you.

Thanks

@dunghnguyen,

Alright, we will be looking forward to get the details from you.

@Amjad_Sahi,
The customer said that is a random string that he added to test our product, so he can’t provide a tool to used to create that string.

@dunghnguyen,
Thank you for the feedback. We have recorded this information with the logged ticket for our reference. I will write back here as soon as some feedback is ready to share.

@dunghnguyen,

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue (logged earlier as “CELLSNET-46865”) now. We will soon provide you the fixed version after performing QA and incorporating other enhancements and fixes.

@dunghnguyen,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v19.8.6 (attached)

Your issue should be fixed in it.

Let us know your feedback.
Aspose.Cells19.8.6 For .Net2_AuthenticodeSigned.Zip (4.9 MB)
Aspose.Cells19.8.6 For .Net4.0.Zip (4.9 MB)

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-46865) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for .NET v19.9. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by Amjad_Sahi