An organisational/hierarchy chart present in PDF not getting edited in PPT

I want enable editing of the possible connector lines and boxes present in a PPT file. I am using following code to convert PDF to PPT:

Document doc = new Document("C:\\download.pdf");
	PptxSaveOptions pptx_save = new PptxSaveOptions();
	doc.save("C:\\download.pptx", pptx_save);

The text in the org chart is getting edited:

Capture2.PNG (21.3 KB)

But I also I want the lines to get edited (like connectors) but they are getting selected as a whole frame/image:

Capture1.PNG (29.8 KB)

How can I enable the lines to act as connectors?

@tanujd_203

Thanks for posting your inquiry.

In order to investigate the scenario properly, we need a sample input document which would help us in testing the scenario in our environment and address it accordingly. We will really appreciate if you could please share that.

Best Regards,
Asad Ali

Thank you for your reply.

I have attached the sample .pdf file.

samplefile.pdf (38.8 KB)

I don’t know if this info will be helpful or not, but I am using a jquery plugin called jspdf that converts HTML & SVG elements into a PDF. Below is the code that converts the org chart (made with HTML and SVG elements) to PDF.

var useWidth = $( '#orgchart' ).prop( 'scrollWidth' );
	var useHeight = $( '#orgchart' ).prop( 'scrollHeight' );

var pdf = new jsPDF( 'p', 'pt', 'c1' );
	var c = pdf.canvas;

var ctx = c.getContext( '2d' );
	ctx.ignoreClearRect = true;

var svgTags = document.querySelectorAll( '#orgchart svg' );
	for ( var i = 0; i < svgTags.length; i++ ) {
		var svgTag = svgTags[ i ];

canvg( c, svgTag.outerHTML, {
			offsetX : 5,
			offsetY : 5,
			ignoreMouse : true,
			ignoreAnimation : true,
			ignoreClear : true,
			ignoreDimensions : true
		} );
	}

html2pdf( window.document.getElementById( "orgchart" ), useWidth, useHeight, pdf, function ( pdf ) {
		pdf.output( 'dataurlnewwindow' ); // this generates a pdf file in new tab
	} );

The above code first converts the SVG elements to image (using canvg() function, provided by canvg jquery library) and renders it on pdf. Then html2pdf() function converts renders HTML to pdf.

Again, I don’t know if this will be helpful…but I thought I should explain how exactly the chart is rendered to pdf.

I am an employee at Jubilant Life Sciences, and we are currently in the middle of a project in which we create an org chart using HTML and SVG (using Treant javascript library). We want to save the chart in PPT in editable format. We are quite interested in purchasing the licenses of your ASPOSE PDF/Slides APIs, but we are stuck at the problem that I have mentioned above and it’s very critical.

Thank you.

@tanujd_203

Thanks for sharing details with us.

The PDF document which you have shared contains text and drawing (chart lines/boxes) elements and while converting it to the PPTX, usually API rendered drawing objects as image in the resultant file. Please note that rendering chart or drawing object in parts, in the resultant file, so that they can be editable, is a complex task and needs to be investigated for the feasibility.

Hence I have generated an investigation ticket as PDFNET-43017 in our issue tracking system. I have also shared the details which you have provided, with the logged ticket. Product team will further investigate the feasibility of the feature which you are requiring and as soon as we have some feedback from their side, we will let you know. Please be patient and spare us little time.

The information which you have shared, would definitely be helpful in investigation.

We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Best Regards,
Asad Ali

Thank you so much! I am willing to play the waiting game.

Can you please tell me how can I track the generated investigation ticket? I can’t seem to find the link to the issue tracking system.

@tanujd_203

Thanks for writing back.

The issue has been logged in our internal issue tracking system and I am afraid that you cannot access it, but we have associated it with this forum thread as well. As soon as we receive some definite updates regarding the logged ticket, we will certainly inform you within this thread. Please be patient and spare us little time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,
Asad Ali

Oh okay. Yes please share any update regarding this. I’ll be waiting. Hope to hear from you soon!