...and yet another problem- Corrupt file message

We have two ways to generate a pptx file:

> single product - a presentation is template is edited with product content and provided to the user.

> group of products - a presentation that contains the slides from several, single product presentations. In other words, because of the various format that may be used for a product, we generate each product presentation, and then copy the slide or slide into the "main" presentation, then provided to the user.

In theory, a group of products, should have no more problems that are already present in the single product. However, that is not the case.

If you see the attached files, there is one that has errors, which was generate from copying slides from one presentation to another, the one without errors is the exact same product put was generated individually and did not go throught the extra step of copying from one presentation into another. The one with the errors:

A) the file size nearly 20K larger

B) theew is a line that gets added to the table cell on the right {edited}

C) when opening the file up in the PPoint 2003 (11.8318,8221) SP3 it give the following error

PowerPiont was unable to display some of the text, images, or objects on slides in the file, {file name}, because they have become corrupted. Affected slides have been replace by blank slides in the presentation and it is not possible to recove the lost information. To ensure that the file can be opened in previous version of PowerPoint, use the Save As command (File Menu) and save the file with either the same or a new name.

HOWEVER, I do not get that error when opening the other one.

Thoughts on how to get this fixed?

-Wayne

Hi William,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Slides.

Can you please explain the problem 'B', identified by you? I have not been able to identify the problem. Please explain that problem in detail.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

...nevermind ...didn't see the response.

attached is a screen shot that should explain that better....

The table has an added line/border after the slide is being copied. If the do an indiviual creation (without) copying the slide it is perfect, not a problem.

Thanks

-Wayne

Hi Wayne,

I have discussed the problems specified by you with our development team. I have shared my findings in response to your queries as under.

wsellars:

The file size nearly 20K larger

This thing is OK, because when you copy slides from another presentation, the presentation themes and master slides are also cloned in the destination presentation and they increase the presentation size.

wsellars:

The new line that gets added to the table cell on the right

We need to verify this issue and for this we need the source template presentation for the investigation. Please also share full description of how you have generated the presentation alongwith the source code of slides cloning and data filling.

wsellars:

When opening the file up in the PPoint 2003 (11.8318,8221) SP3 it give the following error.

The PowerPoint 2003 can not open PPTX files natively. The compatibility pack has its own problems and that is why the exception is generated when you try to open the PPTX in PowerPoint 2003.

Thanks and Regards,