Animations lost when saving a presentation as PPT (C# . NET)

When saving a .ppt presentation all animations after the first one are missing in the saved file. If you open the attached file and start the Slide Show you can see that the text (the question marks) should move three times (one Entrance and two Motion Paths) before the Slide Show ends (all animations are triggered on mouse click). Just opening and re-saving the file without any modifications to it removes all the animations after the first one (the Entrance one).

This is the code I used to test the scenario:

// Set license
var license = new License();
license.SetLicense("Aspose.Total.lic");

// Create from file
var presentation = new Presentation("Test.ppt");

// Save the presentation to MemoryStream
var stream = new MemoryStream();
presentation.Save(stream, SaveFormat.Ppt);

// Save to file
File.WriteAllBytes("Saved_out_MemoryStream.ppt", stream.ToArray());

// Saving to a file directly doesn't change the outcome
presentation.Save("Saved_out_File.ppt", SaveFormat.Ppt);

Also to noteā€¦ everything works just as expected if using a .pptx file. Actually, the problem seems to lie in the saving and not the reading of the presentation. If you open the .ppt file but save it as a .pptx file, the animations are still there. Tying a few things out I found out that:

Loading .pptx => Saving .pptx = Working
Loading .ppt => Saving .pptx = Working
Loading .pptx => Saving .ppt = Not working
Loading .ppt => Saving .ppt = Not working

Test.zip (24.9 KB)

@bushprakash1,

I have worked with the presentation file shared and have been able to observe the issue. An issue with ID SLIDESNET-41177 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be notified once the issue will be resolved.

Can I get an update for the issue?

@bushprakash1,

I have verified from our issue tracking system and regret to share that issue is pending in issues queue at the moment. We request for your patience and will share the good news with you as soon as the issue will be fixed.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-41177) have been fixed in this update.