Annotation title after concatenating PDF

Hello team,

Thank you for your support.

PDF_Concatenated.zip (3.2 KB)

Please find sample source and PDFs in the attached zip file.

You can see annotation title “UserName_1” in PDF_Concatenated.pdf.
I think the title should not be “UserName_1” but “UserName”.

Thank you,
PFU DSOL2

@PFU.DSOL2

Thanks for contacting support.

The reason why the title of annotation was changing after concatenation is that, you were setting same title in the both PDF documents at the time of their generation. The API renames the title of annotation to differentiate between both annotations. After changing the titles of PDF_1.pdf and PDF_2.pdf to UserName1 and UserName2 respectively, the titles were not renamed in the concatenated resultant PDF.

// Create the 1st PDF with an annotation. 
var pdf1 = new Aspose.Pdf.Document();
var pdfPage1 = pdf1.Pages.Add();
var textAnnotation1 = new Aspose.Pdf.Annotations.TextAnnotation(pdfPage1, new Aspose.Pdf.Rectangle(0, 0, 0, 0));
textAnnotation1.Title = "UserName1";
textAnnotation1.Contents = "Page 1";
pdfPage1.Annotations.Add(textAnnotation1);
pdf1.Save(dataDir + "PDF_1.pdf");

// Create the 2nd PDF with an annotation. 
var pdf2 = new Aspose.Pdf.Document();
var pdfPage2 = pdf2.Pages.Add();
var textAnnotation2 = new Aspose.Pdf.Annotations.TextAnnotation(pdfPage2, new Aspose.Pdf.Rectangle(0, 0, 0, 0));
textAnnotation2.Title = "UserName2";
textAnnotation2.Contents = "Page 2";
pdfPage2.Annotations.Add(textAnnotation2);
pdf2.Save(dataDir + "PDF_2.pdf");

// Concatenate PDF Files
pdf1.Pages.Add(pdf2.Pages);
pdf1.Save(dataDir + "PDF_Concatenated.pdf");

PDF_Concatenated.pdf (1.9 KB)

For your reference, I have also attached an output document. In case of any further assistance, please feel free to contact us.

Hello team,

I hope the function not to rename. Do you have the function or any workaround not to rename?

Thank you,
PFU DSOL2

@PFU.DSOL2

Thanks for writing back.

We have logged an investigation ticket as PDFNET-43286 in our issue tracking system, for your requirement. Our product team will further investigate the feasibility of the required functionality and as soon as they share their feedback in this regard, we will let you know. Please be patient and spare us little time.

We are sorry for this inconvenience.

I’d like to know current status of this issue because my customer wants the issue fix.
Any updates?

@PFU.DSOL2

Thanks for posting your inquiry.

I am afraid that earlier logged investigation ticket has not been yet investigated due to other pending issues in the queue, logged previously than your issue. As soon as we receive some significant feedback from product team, regarding investigation, we will let you know. Please be patient and spare us little time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNET-43286) have been fixed in Aspose.PDF for .NET 19.4.