Any differences between Java and .NET Total versions?

Are their any differences between the NET and Java Total versions? Some time back I know that word was not the same. Is this still true with word and other products?

With the onslaught of .net going away with HTML 5 replacing it, we need to make sure we chosse the right version.

Somewhere on your site it said the .net and java version are sim. launched / merged. Don’t know what that really means…

thanks,

bryan

Hello Bryan,

Thanks for your interest in our products.

I am a representative from Aspose.Pdf team. We have separate version of Aspose.Pdf for .NET and Java platform and as per my knowledge, both Aspose.Total for .NET and Aspose.Total for Java have products targeting specific platform.

Concerning to Aspose.Words, recently the team have managed to devise a mechanism in which they have introduced the auto porting technique. Therefore now they use single source code to generate Aspose.Words for .NET and Java (both flavors contain same set of features). However I believe my fellow workers taking care of this product would be in better position to answer this query.

Hi Bryan,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose components. Nayyer is right; the current versions of Aspose.Words for .NET and Java (starting from 10.0.0 version) use the same source code and provides mostly the same set of features. However, some of features are not available in Java version yet. For example, rendering to images and printing. Please see the following link to learn more:

http://www.aspose.com/documentation/java-components/aspose.words-for-java/known-issues-in-aspose-words-for-java.html

Best regards,