Any Equivalent property in PPTX as SetBorders property of a Table in PPT

Hi,

I couldnot find any equivalent property to set borders for TableEx in PPTX.

For PPT we used as below:

pptTable.SetBorders(Size, color);

For PPTX we are using as below:

foreach (RowEx row in pptTable.Rows)

{

foreach (CellEx cell in row)

{

cell.BorderTop.FillFormat.FillType = FillTypeEx.NoFill;

cell.BorderTop.FillFormat.SolidFillColor.Color = Drawing.Color.White;

cell.BorderTop.Width = 0f;

cell.BorderLeft.FillFormat.FillType = FillTypeEx.NoFill;

cell.BorderLeft.FillFormat.SolidFillColor.Color = Drawing.Color.White;

cell.BorderLeft.Width = 0f;

cell.BorderRight.FillFormat.FillType = FillTypeEx.NoFill;

cell.BorderRight.FillFormat.SolidFillColor.Color = Drawing.Color.White;

cell.BorderRight.Width = 0f;

cell.BorderBottom.FillFormat.FillType = FillTypeEx.NoFill;

cell.BorderBottom.FillFormat.SolidFillColor.Color = Drawing.Color.White;

cell.BorderBottom.Width = 0f;

}

}

Is looping throug all the cells and assigning the borders is the only way to setborders for a table in PPTX?

We are facing performance related issues due to this.

Kindly suggest if any method is available for PPTX or if it can be handled from your end.

Thanks,

Koundinya P

Hi Koundinya P,

I have observed the requirement shared by you and like to share that at present the available option is to set the border on cells level. In case normal PPTX shape the following code is used set the border around the shape.

tbl.LineFormat.Width=4;
tbl.LineFormat.FillFormat.FillType=FillTypeEx.Solid;
tbl.LineFormat.FillFormat.SolidFillColor.Color=Color.RED;

In case of TableEx, LineFormat is returning null and we are investigating this whether it is a normal behavior or an issue. I will update you as soon as the feedback will be shared by our development team.

Many Thanks,

Hi Koundinya P,

I like to share that setting the border for entire table as in case of PPT table is currently unavailable for PPTX table. Presently, one can set the border on individual cell level as shared by you. I have created an issue with ID SLIDESNET-34142 as new feature request to provide the requested support in case of PPTX table. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the feature will be available.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Hi Muddasir,

In case of TableEx, LineFormat is returning null. Can you let us know when this will be fixed, so that we can set properties to TableEx.

Thanks,

Koundinya P

Hi Koundinya P,

I regret to share that at the moment you may need to stick with option of setting borders on individual cell level in case of PPTX as shared by you earlier. The issue SLIDESNET-34142 has been added as new feature request just recently to provide the support for SetBorders() method in case of PPTX. The issue issue is in waiting queue for investigation and as soon as our development team will select the issue on its turn for investigation and share further information, I will be obliged to share the same with you. Secondly, in my opinion the feature will automatically be included when unified API for both PPT and PPTX. The said API is going to be released by end of Q2 of 2013. However, the final information will be shared by our development team when they will share their feedback.

Many Thanks,