Any plans for Excel 2007 support?

Do you know if Cells will support Excel 2007? If it doesn't yet, is there a timeline for when it will?

I use Excel mainly for data delivery with large data sets and custom pivot tables. The row size limit of 65K has always been a problem and it's finally gone with the latest Excel.

Thanks

We will release a version of Aspose.Cells for .Net in this month. This version will support to export file in Excel2007 format.

For Aspose.Cells for Java, we don't have a specific plan yet. Hopefully we will support this feature in Q3 2007 for Java version.

Hi Laurence, do you know when this version will be out? Also, do you know what effort will be required to migrate to this version? We currently use Aspose.Cells 3.7.0.0, and we have created Excel templates that we fill out dynamiclly on the server side.

Thanks,
Shan

Hi,

Thanks for considering Aspose.

Well, Hopefully we will release the first version which will support to export data, style and formulas in Excel2007 xlsx format at the end of this month or in the start of next month . In the later versions, importing xlsx and other advanced feature will also be supported. We have to delay this for our extended testation of the component.

To migrate to newer Aspose.Cells versions, there is not much effort required, All the APIs are pretty much the same, some new are added and enhanced. You have to adjust a few minor adjustments in your code i.e.,

1. Excel class is replaced by Workbook class.

2. ExcelDesigner class is replaced by WorkbookDesigner class.

Thank you.

Thanks Amjad, are you saying that at the end of this month or start of next month we can use .xlsx templates, just like we’re using, or do you consider that an advanced feature to be supported at an unknown time after that?

Shan

I know we're not in Q3 yet, but is there an updated timeline for the same Excel 2007 support in Java Cells?

Thanks guys!

We will start to make Excel2007 for Java version in the next month.

Aspose.Excel Customer:
Thanks Amjad, are you saying that at the end of this month or start of next month we can use .xlsx templates, just like we're using, or do you consider that an advanced feature to be supported at an unknown time after that?

Shan

Just wondering Amjad what your reponse is for this, it's important for us to know.
Thank you for your help
Shan

Hi Shan,

Yes, you may use xlsx templates in the version which we will release in the mid of next month. And after this, we keep on embeding new advanced features related to Excel 2007 in our later versions.

Thank you.

When will be release ASPOSE.CELLS which will support Excel 2007 and please clarify it is avaiable now.If it is available please given me the version name.

Hi,

Well, we have actually released the version (4.3) of Aspose.Cells in the start of June (this month) which does support Excel2007Xlsx format. You may read and write Excel2007Xlsx files. But in this version we don't support to cross the limit (0-255) columns and 65536 rows yet. We will incorporate this and other advanced features in our future versions soon.

Thank you.

What is the estimated schedule for the row limit to be updated? One of our uses of Excel is pivoting on very large data sets, some of which are starting to exceed 65K rows.

Thanks guys!

Hi,

We will get back to you soon to give you further updates related your query.

Thank you.

It’s not an easy work to exceed 65k limitation. Hopefully we can make it before the end of next month.

I haven't checked the forums in a while... Does the latest version of Cells support the >65K rows?

Thanks,
Dave

Hi Dave,

Well, We will soon release the version of Aspose.Cells which will support 65K+ rows. You know It's a complex feature and we are still working on it to finalize the feature. Since it has been delaying due to some extensive work and testation before release.

Thanks for being patient!

I noticed that this row limit update wasn't mentioned in the Java 1.9 version notes. Has the 65K row limit been removed for Excel 2007 files yet?

Thanks,
Dave

Hi Dave,

Now we are working on opening and saving Excel2007 files in the Java version.If we compelete this feature, we will look into remove 65k row limitation. Thanks for your patience.

Good news. Is there an estimated release schedule available?

Thanks again,
Dave

Hi Dave,

Hopefully we can give an estimated release next week which supports common wokbook and worksheet features. For some features, such as chart, pivot table, image, etc., will be supported later