Anyone know how to make a Gantt chart in PowerPoint?

Drawing the lines is one thing, but I have no idea how to create the beginning and ending half-arrowheads, e.g. __/\ and /__

I created some grouped shapes in PPT, but when I try to save them, I get a nastygram telling me that “The grouped shapes and any text in them cannot be edited when using earlier versions of PowerPoint.”

Attached is the file containing the shapes I created. The shapes report their names as Group and Rectangle. I can cast the Group into GroupShapeEx, but when I try to cast the Rectangle, it refuses.

Thanks!

Dear Ken,

I have tried to understand and the reproduce the problem as specified by you. However, I request you to please share the code snippet with us as I feel GroupShape cannot be casted to GroupShapeEx. Can you please elaborate the problem to some further detail as well.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Mudassir,

I have attached the shapes file per your request.

Aspose considers the GroupShape to be a PictureFrame, oddly enough. My aim is to string together bar and triangle shapes to create a Gantt chart, adding rectangles above the triangle to hold text. It’s rather ungainly, but my research has not come up with any better way to do it.

Ken

BTW, if I want to reuse a shape (in this case, a bar or triangle), do I need to load it from the presentation each time and do the byte stream stuff, or is there a way to clone it once I’ve added it to the slide?

Dear Ken,

I have worked with the presentation file shared by you and it seems to be an issue with Aspose.Slides that GroupShape is accessed as PictureFrame. An issue with ID 20211 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the problem. This thread has also been linked with the issue, so that you may be automatically notified, once the issue is resolved.

You may please proceed to this link to technical articles section, where you will find article about shape serialization that may serve the purpose of shapes copying.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Mudassir,

I’m already familiar with the serialization technique and have been using it. So it appears that I can’t really copy a shape, but need to read in a new one each time.

Ken

Dear Ken,

I regret to share that at the moment, the only possible way available to copy shapes is through serialization.

Thanks and Regards,

OK, thanks.