API to extract VBA certificate

Hi

In additional to ability to check signed/unsigned VBA, need to have ability to export certificate to file or stream, so developer can validate it and decide - is it valid or not.

Many thanks,
Alex Shloma

Hi Alex,

In case of Aspose.Words, you can use CertificateHolder.Certificate.Export method. Please check for more details. In case of Aspose.Cells, you can use the code from Aspose.Cells.DigitalSignatures.DigitalSignatureCollection Class

A new feature request to support this feature in Aspose.Slides has been logged into our issue tracking system as SLIDESNET-36854. We will keep you updated on this issue in this thread.

Best Regards,

Hi Muhammad,

I found how create CertificateHolder and extract certificate, but do not know how I retrieve CertificateHolder from Aspose.Word.Document object. Please advice.

In Excel wb.GetDigitalSignature() returns just signature used for signing document. VBA signature is the different thing and this method does not return it.

Please provide me real code snippets how to achieve what you’ve suggested.

Thanks,
Alex

Hi Alex,

Aspose.Words code will also give you the certificates used to sign documents. New feature requests to support saving VBA certificates to files or streams have been logged for Aspose.Words and Aspose.Cells as WORDSNET-12459 and CELLSNET-43938 respectively.

We will keep you updated on these issues in this thread.

Best Regards,

Hi,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v8.6.3.2

We have fixed your issue “CELLSNET-43938” now. Please see API:
IsValidSigned
in VbaProject
class that supports to check whether the signature of vba is valid or not. Please check it and let us know if you still want an API to export certificate to a file or stream
to validate the signature of vba.

Let us know your feedback.

Thank you.

Hi,

>>>Please check it and let us know if you still want an API to export certificate to a file or stream

Yes, I still need API to extract VBA project signature certificate. IsValidSigned-property specifies whether VBA project was changed or not. But project may be signed by not trusted certificate. It is also good to have this API if there is a white list of certificates and all other must be treated as untrusted (in this case I must remove VBA project).

Thanks,
Alex Shloma

Hi,

Thanks for your confirmation.

Alright, our product team will further evaluate your requirements and check if these can be supported. I have also logged your comments against your existing issue “CELLSNET-43938” into our database for considerations.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

We have fixed your following issue.

• CELLSNET-43938 - Support exporting VBA certificate to file or stream

Please download and try the latest fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v8.6.3.4 and let us know your feedback.

We have added a new API: CertRawData in VbaProject class to get raw data bytes of cert.

Tested on my set of files. No issues found.

Thanks,
Alex Shloma

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

Good to know that your issue is sorted out by the new fix, we have closed the ticket now. Feel free to contact us any time if you need further help or have some other issue or queries, we will be happy to assist you soon.

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-43938) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.