We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Apose.Pdf.Document.Validate Method throws Aspose.Font- Version=17.2.0.0 not found Exception

Hello,

after updating our Aspose dll’s to the latest Release (5/2/2017), we get an exception when calling the validate Method.

It says file or Assembly or one of ist dependencies not found Aspose.Font, Version=17.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=716fcc553a201e56.

In Aspose.Pdf Version 11.3.0.0 it worked just fine. Look at the code snippet, it’s called within a web Service call:

Aspose.Words.Document doc = new Aspose.Words.Document(sourceFilePath);

string pdfFile = sourceFilePath.Replace(".docx",

“.pdf”);

doc.Save(pdfFile,

new Aspose.Words.Saving.PdfSaveOptions

{

SaveFormat = Aspose.Words.SaveFormat.Pdf,

Compliance = Aspose.Words.Saving.PdfCompliance.PdfA1b

});

var pdfDocument = new Aspose.Pdf.Document(pdfFile);

pdfDocument.Validate(sourceFilePath.Replace(".docx",

“_log.xml”),

Aspose.Pdf.PdfFormat.PDF_A_1B);

Can you please further investigate on this issue, we does not seem to be the only one having this Problem. Also validating works in a simple console application.

Best regards

Hi Juergen,

Thanks for contacting support.

Please share the input files and sample project, so that we can test the scenario in our environment. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

It’s just a Web Service Operation call executing the code snippet above in a method.
The error does not relate on specific input files.
The service is hosted on an application Server, and the Aspose.Pdf Assembly is installed in the gac, not in bin Folder.

Hi Juergen,

Thanks for your patience and sharing more details. I tried validating a PDF document in a sample Website using Aspose.Pdf.dll from GAC and was able to reproduce the issue in our environment. For the purpose of further investigation I have logged this issue as PDFNET-42262 in our issue tracking system and linked to this thread. We will look into the details of this issue and keep you updated on the status of its resolution. Please be patient and spare us a little time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Any update on this issue… i am also facing the same issue

Hi Subrat,

Thanks for your inquiry. I have checked the status of the issue and I am sorry that it is still pending for review. Please note that there are other reported issues as well in the queue and Product Team will definitely review it after fixing issues which have been reported prior to this. Please have patience and spare us a little time. We will certainly keep you updated on the status of resolution.

Best Regards,
smssubrat:
Any update on this issue... i am also facing the same issue
Hi Subrat,

Adding more to Asad's comments, such issues are also dependent upon the structure and complexity of input PDF file. So we request you to please share your input file and code snippet which you are using, so that we can test the scenario in our environment.

Hi,

The save method throws font DLL not found error when i tried to use this code inside a sharepoint web part .

Apose.Pdf.Document.Validate Method throws Aspose.Font, Version=17.2.0.0 not found Exception

pdfDocument.Save(); //none of these save method working
// pdfDocument.Save(@“d:\aspose.pdf”); //none of these working

// pdfDocument.Save(streampdf,PDF.SaveFormat.Pdf);

Hi Subrat,

Thanks for contacting support.

Please note that you have already reported this issue in this thread and it has been logged for rectification purpose. Please be patient and give us a little time. We will keep you updated on the status of the resolution process within the relevant thread.

Best Regards,