Apose PDF TextAnnotation.InReplyTo and TextSearchOptions issue after update 22.4.0

i notice 2 issues after update Apose PDF.net 22.4.0 from 21.10.0

TextAnnotation.InReplyTo return it self. should return annotation of container
for example,
HighlightAnnotation originalAnnotaion = ((HighlightAnnotation)annotation.InReplyTo);

annotation.InReplyTo object is same as annotation, not annotation.InReplyTo

second issue is that TextSearchOptions with rectangle is ignored.

textFragmentAbsorber = new TextFragmentAbsorber(new Regex(pattern, regexOptions), new TextSearchOptions(BlockRect));

the list of textfragment return all text with the document, not within the rectangle.

i can see the problem in the version from 21.10.1 to 22.4.0.

i have to go back to version 21.10.0, because it is working correctly.

@jpark1980

Thanks for highlighting the issues. Can you please also share the sample PDF files for our reference along with sample code snippet to test and reproduce the both issues? We will test the scenario in our environment and address it accordingly.

Hi Ali,

please see the sample document and code snippet with description.

thanks.Sample Document for Issue 1 and 2.pdf (11.6 KB)
Code Snippet.docx (273.9 KB)

@jpark1980

We are checking it and will get back to you shortly.

1 Like

@jpark1980

We have opened two investigation tickets as PDFNET-51807 and PDFNET-51808 in our issue tracking system for issues related to Annotations and text search respectively. We will look into details of these tickets and let you know as soon as they are resolved. Please be patient and spare us some time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNET-51807) have been fixed in Aspose.PDF for .NET 22.7.