ApplicationException while converting from Aspose.Words

Hello,

I have a Word document (doc1.doc) that I save in AsposePDF format (doc1.xml) with Aspose.Words 5.0.0.0.

When I load the doc1.xml with Aspose.PDF 3.6.2.0 an exception is raised.

Here’s the conversion code:

Dim PdfDoc As New Aspose.Pdf.Pdf
Dim pdfLic As New Aspose.Pdf.License
pdfLic.SetLicense("c:\temp\mylicense.lic")
PdfDoc.BindXML("c:\temp\doc1.xml", Nothing)
PdfDoc.Save("c:\temp\doc1.pdf") <— raises exception

Here’s the exception details:

System.ApplicationException was unhandled
Message="Cell width is too small: 113,45"
Source="Aspose.Pdf"
StackTrace:
in Aspose.Pdf.Xml.᙭.ᙰ(Pdf ӕ, Section ა, Heading ؼ, Table բ, Row ࿖, Cell ՜, ӝ ӿ, Boolean Ꮘ)
in Aspose.Pdf.Xml.ᙩ.ᙫ(Pdf ӕ, Section ა, Table բ, Row ࿖, Cell ՜, ӝ ӿ)
in Aspose.Pdf.Xml.ᙞ.ᙡ(Pdf ӕ, Section ა, Table բ, Row ࿖, ӝ ӿ)
in Aspose.Pdf.Xml.ᖐ.ᖒ(Pdf ӕ, Section ა, Table բ, ӝ ӿ, Boolean Ꮘ)
in Aspose.Pdf.Xml.ᖄ.ᖇ(Pdf ӕ, Section ჆, ӝ ӿ)
in Aspose.Pdf.Xml.ܻ.ၨ(Pdf ӕ)
in Aspose.Pdf.Xml.ᤧ.᤬(Ӟ ؃, Pdf ӕ)
in Aspose.Pdf.Pdf.Save(String pdfFile)

Attached the source document in both formats (DOC and XML).

Same code was OK with Aspose.Words 4.4.3.0 + Aspose.PDF 3.6.1.0 (I don’t know which component upgrade caused this issue).

Please advice how to workaround this issue!

Best regards,
Pascal.

Hi,

I tested it this should be a bug of Aspose.Words. I will asked aspose words team to give you a solution soon.

Best regards.

Hi,

I tested it this should be a bug of Aspose.Words. I will move this thread to Aspose.Words forum in order to help you better.
Best regards.

Hello!
Thank you for your inquiry.
I have reproduced and logged the issue as #4450 in our defect database. We’ll fix it and notify you here in the thread.
Regards,

Hello Pascal.
This issue has been fixed. Correct code will be available in the next hotfix in few days.
I found that after fixing this some other issues have appeared related to Aspose.Pdf. Some text in the table cells is accidentally rendered vertically. I’ll provide them technical information by e-mail.
Regards,

Hi Pascal,

We have fixed the vertical text bug. A temporary dll which includes this fix is attached. Please try it and let us know if you have any other problem. Thanks.

Best regards.

To try this right now you can temporarily set culture info for the current thread to “en-US” before exporting and revert it back after it. In Aspose.Words 5.0.1 the incompatibility issue will be resolved. Culture info is changed by this line of code:

Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentCulture = new CultureInfo("en-US");

Hi
We have released a new version of Aspose.Words that contains a fix for your issue.

Issue # 4450 - Exception: Cell width is too small

The new version of Aspose.Words is available for download from here.
Best regards.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 4450) have been fixed in this update.

Hello guys,

I confirm that my problem is fixed with Aspose.Words 5.0.2.0 (for .net 2.0) and with the given hotfix of Aspose.PDF.

Thanks for your great support!!

Pascal.