Apply color to whole series in chart using Aspose.Cells for Java

Hi,

I am evaluating Aspose.Cells for my company.

I have some questions regarding the code attached.

- Why don’t lines 35 and 38 set the color of the data series? Using foreground or background doesn’t matter.

- How can I move the title “Values” away from the axis captions?

thanks,

Laszlo

Hi,

Thanks for providing us the template file.

Yes, we found the issue regarding applying colors to the whole series area (as you have pointed out those two mentioned lines), we will figure it out soon. I think, for the time being, you may apply the color on each ChartPoint (data point in a series) for your need, it will work fine. e.g..,

as.getChartPoints().getChartPoint(i).getArea().setForegroundColor(Color.CYAN);

How can I move the title "Values" away from the axis captions?

I think you may try to use Title.setX and Title.setY methods for your requirement. e.g.,

chart.getValueAxis().getTitle().setRotation(90);
chart.getValueAxis().getTitle().setX(10);
chart.getValueAxis().getTitle().setY(2000);

Thank you.

Hi,

Thank you for your answer.

Using setX and setY will force an even bigger margin on the left of the values title, and they ruin the good automatic placement of the legend (it is on the top of the chart). Do I have to set all positions and sizes manually to solve this?

thanks,

Laszlo

Hi Laszlo,

Thank you for considering Aspose.

We have found the issue after an initial test. We will fix it and get back to you soon.

Thank You & Best Regards,

Hi Laszlo,

Thank you for considering Aspose.

Please try the attached latest fix of Aspose.Cells. We have fixed your mentioned issues.

Thank You & Best Regards,

Thank you for the hot fix. It is now working as expected.

regards,

Laszlo

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-7442) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.