Apply or Embed Futura Bk BT Font File during Word DOCX to PDF Conversion using C# .NET or Java Code

Hi.
I have a word documents that is using Futura Bk Bt font. I later convert it to PDF. Resulting PDF document has Futura Bk Bt font replaced with Century Gothic. Why is the font lost during conversion to PDF and why Century Gothic is selected as replacement? How can I preserve the font?

Linux, Java, Aspose.words, Aspose.PDF

@O-L-G-A,

Please ZIP and attach the following resources here for testing:

• Your simplified source Word document
  • Aspose.Words for Java 21.2 generated PDF file showing the undesired behavior
  • The Futura Bk Bt font file that you are getting this problem with

As soon as you get these pieces of information ready, we will then start investigation into your particular scenario/issue and provide you more information.

Hi.
Here is word document, resulting pdf, and two screenshots to show fonts in DOC vs PDF

Aspose Futura Font Test.zip (153.0 KB)

@O-L-G-A,

Please also ZIP and attach the following font file here for further testing on our end:

• Futura Bk BT

P.S. If your .zip file has bigger size than the attachment limit in this forum then you may upload the ZIP file to Dropbox or any other file hosting service and share the download link here for testing.

I would like to understand why do you need font file for testing on your end? MS Word document when generated with Aspose has the font displayed correctly, but not PDF generated with Aspose.
Thanks

@O-L-G-A,

Aspose.Words requires TrueType fonts for proper rendering of Word documents to fixed-page formats such as PDF, XPS or Images. Please refer to following section of documentation for more details: