Appointment Location Encoding/ Subject Encoding

Hello,

I´m testing your EMail at the moment and have some questions.
First of all i have the problem with the Appointment Location. The text of the Location can consist special german characters like ö ä ü etc. When i save the the appointment and open it in Outlook the special characters are displayed with a “?”. The same error Occurs in the msg Subject (the body encoding is fine).

is there any Solution or workaround for this ?

Kind Regards

Martin

Hi Martin,

Thank you for contacting Aspose support team again.

I have tested the scenario using latest release Aspose.Email for .NET 4.1.0 and am afraid to inform that no such issue is observed. All the German characters in Subject, Location and Body are properly displayed when appointment is opened in Outlook. Could you please give a try to the following sample code using above mentioned latest release and let us know your feedback?

MailAddressCollection coll = new MailAddressCollection();
Appointment testAEApp = new Appointment(“Test Location ö ä ü”, new DateTime(2014, 5, 30, 9, 0, 0), new DateTime(2014, 5, 30, 9, 30, 0), null, coll);
testAEApp.Description = “Test Body ö ä ü”;
testAEApp.Summary = “Test Subject ö ä ü”;
testAEApp.Method = AppointmentMethodType.Publish;
testAEApp.Save(@“D:\Aspose\SavedAppointment1.ics”, AppointmentSaveFormat.Ics);

Hi,
thanks for the fast answer. Your Sample Code works. But i need a msg file.
If you add the following lines to your sample project, you will see the encoding doesn`t work anymore.:

MailMessage msg = new MailMessage();
msg.From = "test@tester.com";
msg.Subject = “Test Body ö ä ü”;
msg.Body = “Test Subject ö ä ü”;
msg.AddAlternateView(testAEApp.RequestApointment());
msg.Save(@“D:\Aspose\SavedAppointment1.msg”, MailMessageSaveType.OutlookMessageFormat);

Hi Martin,

Please save the message in Unicode Outlook Message Type format as shown in the following code sample:

Sample Code:

msg.Save(@“ASavedAppointment1.msg”, MailMessageSaveType.OutlookMessageFormatUnicode);

Thanks that worked for me!

Hi Martin,

Thanks for providing feedback and please feel free to write to us in case you have any other query/inquiry in this regard.