Appointment Organizer Calendar

When creating a new appointment is it possible for a calendar entry to be created for the organizer of the event. It does not seem to do this by default?

The organizer will be using Outlook to view this.

Hi Paul,

Thank you for writing to us.

If you are sending the appointment, then specifying the appointment organizer as follow shall automatically add its entry to the calendar. Please have a look at the following code sample and let us know your feedback.

// create Appointment instance
Appointment app = new Appointment(
    "Room 112", // location
    DateTime.Now.AddDays(1), // start time
    DateTime.Now.AddDays(2), // end time
    "organizer@domain.com", // organizer
    "attendee@domain.com" // attendee
);

app.Summary = "Release Meeting";
app.Description = "Discuss for the next release";

app.Save("Appointment.ics", AppointmentSaveFormat.Ics);

MailMessage msg = new MailMessage("organizer@domain.com", "recipient@domain.com", "Test subject", "Test body");
msg.AddAlternateView(app.RequestApointment());

ExchangeWebServiceClient client = GetAsposeEWSClient2();
client.Send(msg);

I have tried the sample code provided. The appointment does not show up in the organizers Outlook calendar. They receive no notification of the event.

I am sending the msg via smtp.

Hi Paul,

Could you please share which server are using with Smtp? On the basis of the tests I have made, I have found that an appointment is never added into organizer’s calendar except when it is sent to organizer through Outlook and is received by organizer through Outlook as well. In addition, the earlier tests results I shared were based on tests made with my exchange server using ExchangeWebServiceClient.

I am now using ExchangeWebServiceClient howerver it seems to always set the organizer as the current user who is sending the message/appointment.

When I execute the following line:
appointment.Save(“Meeting.ics”, AppointmentSaveFormat.Ics);

It contains the correct organizer, however once the msg is sent using the Exchange Web Service Client and received by Ouloook the organizer is not what was specified. I setup the ExchangeWebServiceClient using CredentialCache.DefaultNetworkCredentials.
It appears when using Exchange server the current user who sends out the meeting request will always be the organizer, this seems incorrect. Another user can be speciifed when instantiating the Exchange server object but then the username and password would need to be known. For this reason it would be better to use smtp so that an email address can be specified, howerver this does not add the meeting request to the organizers calendar.

Hi Paul,

I have tried different scenarios and my findings are same as using Exchange Server, the current user who sends the meeting request will be the organizer. I am afraid to inform that its not possible to change this behavior using Aspose.Email and for getting meeting in organizer calendar, the organizer should send the meeting request.

Please feel free to write us back if you have any other query related to Aspose.Email.