Arabic numbers sorted badly in PDF output if decimal is ascii 46

Please find attached word doc.
Aspose.Words save as PDF will generate output like attached pdf.
As you can see the numbers get sorted backwards when the decimal is a “normal” dot but not with an arabic full stop.
This was with version 13.10.

I can confirm it is working in 14.6 could you please inform which bug was creating this issue? I need to know what other things could be affected.

Sorry, again, it was just that test file that worked in 14.6.
Other attached example still does not work.

Hi Johan,

Thanks for your inquiry.

I have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue at my side for arabtest2.docx. For the sake of correction, I have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-10489. I have linked this forum thread to the same issue and you will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi Johan,

Could you please share which MS Word version you are using? MS Word 2013 and output Pdf show the same text. See the attached image for detail.

I used Word 2010 SP2.

But can you confirm you used ascii 46 as decimal? It looks more like an Arabic comma in the PDF?

Hi Johan,

Thanks for your patience.

It is to update you that our development team has completed the analysis of this issue and has come to a conclusion that this issue has been closed with ‘‘Won’t Fix’’ resolution.

Aspose.Words currently renders the text the same way as MS Word 2013 does. Please see the image in my previous post.

OK but when I take that file and use it in the latest version of Aspose.Words it becomes backwards.
So it doesn’t render it the same way in the PDF.
Did you mean I should resave the file in Word 2013?
/Johan

Hi Johan,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please open your input Word document in MS Word 2013 and check the arabic text. The arabic text is same as shown in output PDF file generated by Aspose.Words.

At the moment, Aspose.Words renders the text in the same way as MS Word 2013 does.

Nice job buddy.

1 Like