Arabic Special Characters unicode \u064b \u064d \u0647 rendered incorrectly save as pdf

Arabic Special Characters with Unicode
\u064b
\u064d
\u0647

Are rendered incorrectly when trying to save as PDF.
Attached is a sample VS2017 project, with a sample word file, and the code used for conversion, only omitting the license part.
ConsoleApp2.zip (6.9 MB)

Also check the attached image for more elaboration.
asposeTicket.png (124.6 KB)

Thanks in advance,
I hope to get fast response as I am in a sticky situation here :frowning:

@mohamed.atia88

We are investigating your issue and will get back to you soon.

@mohamed.atia88

Please note that Aspose.Words requires TrueType fonts when rendering document to fixed-page formats (JPEG, PNG, PDF or XPS). You need to install fonts that are used in your document on the machine where you are converting documents to PDF. Please refer to the following articles:

How Aspose.Words Uses True Type Fonts
How to Receive Notification of Missing Fonts and Font Substitution during Rendering

Hello Tahir,

Thanks for your prompt response.

I tried all the below but with not much Luck:

• Font was already installed on my System (dev environment), however I reinstalled it.
  • Font is embedded in the word document, along with all other fonts (even standard fonts)
  • PdfSavOptions.FontEmbeddingMode is set to EmbedAll
  • On FontSettings, set DefaultFontSubstitution to my font, and SetFontsFolders to a custom path that contains my font and C:\Windows\Fonts\
  • Implemented IWarningCallback handler as per the documentation, I get one warning :

Description = “There are known issues with “Through” text wrapping type. Wrapped content could be rendered differently.\r\n\tAt DrawingML Object 36.75x47.45, Paragraph 1, Primary Header, Section 1”

Source = Layout

WarningType = MinorFormattingLoss

Find attached screenshots from my system
asposeTicket02.png (389.4 KB)

Also attached a new version of the sample VS project
ConsoleApp2.zip (6.7 MB)

Thanks again,

@mohamed.atia88

Thanks for sharing the font. We have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the text rendering issue at our side. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-18325. You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Is there any estimate on when we can get the fix?

@mohamed.atia88

We try our best to deal with every customer request in a timely fashion, we unfortunately cannot guarantee a delivery date to every customer issue. We work on issues on a first come, first served basis. We feel this is the fairest and most appropriate way to satisfy the needs of the majority of our customers.

Currently, your issue is pending for analysis and is in the queue. Once we complete the analysis of your issue, we will then be able to provide you an estimate.

You reported this issue in free support forum and it will be treated with normal priority. To speed up the progress of issue’s resolution, we suggest you please check our paid support policies from following link.
Paid Support Policies

By the way the issue is reproducible in many other regular fonts like

Calibri
Arial
Tahoma

However Segoe UI Light works fine.

@mohamed.atia88

Please ZIP and attach your input Word document here for testing. We will investigate the issue on our side and provide you more information. Thanks for your cooperation.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-18325) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 20.3 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 20.3 update.