Archive version downloads

@deepakcs,
Aspose.BarCode supports enhanced meta file (EMF) which may fulfill your requirement. I am afraid that WMF is not supported as it is older format as compared to EMF.

The TestApplication you gave worked for me. Thank you. If there are additional issues, I will let you know.

Can you send me an example that saves bar-codes as EMF?

@deepakcs,
We are working on this example and will share our feedback soon. This requirement is logged in our database as follows:

BARCODECPP-423 - Save barcode to EMF format

Any update on this?

@deepakcs,
We are gathering information in this regard and will write back here as soon as any update is available. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Is there any update. We have to quickly make a decision on the tool. Appreciate if you could get back at the earliest. Our requirement is to create a barcode image in WMF or EMF format and place(overlay) it on another PNG image. Do you support overlaying it also?

@deepakcs,
This issue is still pending due to its complexity and I am afraid that no ETA can be provided yet. Regarding overlay of EMF image on another image, it is not supported by Aspose.BarCode. You may please try some other third party tool to overlay EMF over PNG.

As quick advice, you can create barcode image without any captions and draw it as image on other image.

On the Windows platform, the best solution is using GDI+ library which is native from Windows XP.

I also googled and found the following:

“As quick advice, you can create barcode image without any captions and draw it as image on other image.”. This is intriguing. How can we do that? Can you provide more details. Do you have any examples?

That is exactly what we are looking for. We create a base image and want to place the barcode on it. All in momory.

@deepakcs,
You can use following line of code to hide the text:

generator->get_Parameters()->get_Barcode()->get_CodeTextParameters()->set_Location(Aspose::BarCode::Generation::CodeLocation::None);

However as we are having compilation error for removing the padding, so you may please wait until this issue is resolved.

@deepakcs,
We are afraid that saving as EMF is not supported in Aspose.BarCode for C++ and there is no actual plan to implement this feature. We will update the documents soon to remove this option.

I have another question. Do you have a working example of saving the image to memory. We tried the ones in the example projects. They did not work.

1. Saving barcode bmp/png/jpeg into ‘Memory Stream’ throwing compilation error.
  2. barcodeGenerator->get_Parameters()->get_Barcode()->get_Padding()->get_Top()->set_Millimeters(2.f); ==> these settings also giving compilation error

@deepakcs,
Regarding the compilation error while saving image to memory stream, it is a known issue and already logged under Id: BARCODECPP-424 for investigation and a fix. You will be notified here once any update is ready to share in this regard.

Thank you for getting back. Is there an ETA? This is one last piece of functionality that is holding us back. Appreciate a quick resolution.

@deepacks,
We are trying our best to sort out this issue however due to little complexity behind this issue we cannot provide ETA right now. However, you will be notified immediately once any feedback is ready to share.

Do you have any update?

@deepakcs,
No update is available yet. We will write back here once any information is available.

barcodeGenerator->get_Parameters()->get_Barcode()->get_Padding()->get_Top()->set_Millimeters(2.f); ==> these settings also giving compilation error

For this row you have to include:

#include <BarCode.Generation\GenerationParameters\Padding.h>
#include <BarCode.Generation\Helpers\Unit.h>

Also there are not problems with memory stream. Here is project with examples:
ABTestVS2017.zip (4.7 KB)

All compilation errors are affected by not including required *.h files. This could be fixed in next versions by creating one big *.h with all required headers, but currently we have the situation as is.

Also we support only vs141, so it is better to use VS2017 to develop.

Thx. We will try that. Do you have a version of the C++ barcode library available now with VS 2019 and toolset 142?

@deepakcs,
We are afraid that this version is not available yet. You will be notified here once any update is available in this regard.

Thank you. Does the C++ barcode library for toolset 142 support UTF-8 chars in the barcode? If so, can you provide some examples?