Archive version downloads

I am looking for a x64 bit version that works with Visual Studio 2010. Is it available and where can I download it from?

@deepakcs,
Thank you for your query.
Download the zip file here and use DLL from net20 folder. Share the feedback after using it in your environment.

With VS 2010 (fully updated) you can use up to .NET 4.0 library versions.

I was looking for version I could use with Visual C++ 2010. Not .net. Do you have a C++ SDK?

@deepakcs,
Could you please download the sample project from the following link and test it in your environment?

Cannot open it in VS 2010. I get the message “The selected file is a solution file, but was created by a newer version of this application and cannot be opened”.

I can however open it in VS 2012. I need it for 2010 though.

@deepakcs,
We do not have working solution for VS 2010 but we need to look into it more. We have logged the issue in our database for investigation and for preparation of a solution (if possible). Once, we will have some news for you, we will update you in this topic.

This issue has been logged as

BARCODECPP-417 – Working solution for Visual Studio 2010

Thanks Ahsan. Do you have a timeline for this? Is it going to be days, weeks or months?

@deepakcs,
As we just logged the ticket, so could you spare us a little time (3-5 days or so) for complete evaluation and investigation. Once we have an update on it, we will let you know here.

@deepakcs,
Unfortunately only Visual Studio 2017 and Visual Studio 2019 are officially supported.
We use c++14 features and earlier versions of Visual Studio don’t support those features.

Can I use Aspose.BarCode.Cpp.19.9.0 with Visual Studio 2019? If so, do you have an example project for VS 2019? Specifically can you support Visual Studio 2019 with platform tool set 142?

@deepakcs,
This issue is already logged here for investigation and a fix where toolset 142 is not supported. We will write back here once any update is ready to share. I am linking the existing ticket with this thread so that you may get notifications about this issue.

Once this issue is resolved, you will be able to use it with Visual Studio 2019 as well.

This issue is logged as:
BARCODECPP-410-Aspose.BarCode for C++ Library error: Only 'v140' and 'v141' toolsets are supported while using Visual Studio 2019

Thank you for getting back. Is there a timeline to get this update?

@deepakcs,
I am afraid that due to some complexity this issue is still pending and no ETA is available right now. We are discussing this issue here and will share our feedback once any update is ready to share.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you in this regard.

I am looking to use it for my current project. Hence, It would be helpful if you can give me some time lines. I need to decide if I can use your software or not. Appreciate any information you can share.

@deepakcs,
I have forwarded your request for early consideration and will write back here immediately once any update about the ETS is available for sharing.

@deepakcs,
It will hopefully be resolved in next release. You can expect it in August or maybe early September.

@ahsaniqbalsidiqui, Can we save the barcodes as windows meta file? Also, are there any restrictions on using the API with an evaluation license? We are seeing that some parameters cannot be set even with our evaluation license. Ex. below.

1. Before License(evaluation) applied

barcodeGenerator->Save() // Allowed
    barcodeGenerator->get_Parameters()->set_RotationAngle(90); // Not allowed --> giving compilation issue like “pointer to incomplete class is not allowed”

2. After applying evaluation License

barcodeGenerator->get_Parameters()->set_RotationAngle(90); // Allowed

barcodeGenerator->get_Parameters()->get_Barcode()->get_CodeTextParameters()->set_Location(CodeLocation::None); // Not allowed --> giving compilation issue like “pointer to incomplete class is not allowed”

Also, Parameter settings like Barcode Height, Barcode Width, Save Barcode into Stream and other are not working with Evaluation library

@deepakcs,
I have tried to reproduce this scenario but could not observe this issue. These tests are performed without any license and all the above-mentioned calls are working fine. You may please give a try to the following sample project and share the feedback.

TestBarCodeApp.zip (888.0 KB)

Thank you. We will try that out and get back. Did you get a chance to look at out question about the windows meta file question?

Can we save the barcodes as windows meta file?