Are 3D transforms supported for GetThumbnail()?

Hi,

We are using Aspose.Slides to generate large preview images of PowerPoint slides in our software. A client recently asked us to take a look at a slide where the preview image showed a triangle upside-down from how it shows on the actual slide. The attached solution reproduces this problem: compare the generated thumbnail tri.png to the tri.pptx file it’s generated from.

It seems that Aspose is ignoring the 3D transform applied to the triangle altogether, so it renders it flipped vertically and in a lighter shade of blue compared to PowerPoint’s renderer. In this case our advice to the client was to remove the 3D transform and position the triangle in 2D since there was no real need to use a 3D transform just to flip a triangle around. However, I thought you should be aware of this limitation.

Regards,
Robert

Hi Kelly,

I have observed your requirements and regret to share that currently Aspose.Slides does not support 3D rendering. I have created an issue with ID SLIDESNET-37955 as new feature request to investigate the possibility of implementing the requested feature support. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the issue will be resolved.

Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-37955) have been fixed in this update.