Arial font clipped during excel to PDF conversion

Hi, I’m using Aspose to convert an input Excel file to PDF, but in the Aspose-converted PDF output, the tops of some Arial characters are clipped off when viewed at 100% zoom. This doesn’t happen if the font used is Helvetica, and when converted to PDF using Excel, both Arial and Helvetica appear correctly. I’ve attached the input Excel file input.zip (27.5 KB), the Aspose-generated PDF aspose_converted.pdf (75.1 KB), the Excel-generated PDF excel_converted.pdf (211.0 KB), and a screenshot of the area that is clipped in the Aspose output Screenshot_12.png (9.9 KB). Is it possible to match the Excel output using Aspose?

@sdonapati,

Thanks for the template XLSX file and screenshot.

I was able to reproduce the issue as you mentioned (via screenshot) by converting your template XLSX file to PDF. I found that Arial font is clipped a bit for some text during Excel to PDF conversion. I set zoom to 200% in Adobe acrobat to notice the issue. I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-52397” for your issue. We will look into the details of the issue.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know.

Hi @amjad.sahi, I just wanted to check in on this ticket to see if the fix is scheduled for a future release. Thank you!

@sdonapati,

We are sorry that your issue is not resolved yet. We will check and provide you latest updates or ETA on your issue.

We are sorry for any inconvenience caused!

@sdonapati

Take Cell M7 for example, the custom row height is 15 pixel, which is too little for text with font “Arial, 10”. Making a little offset in vertical direction, the output will change a lot.

We can’t fix the issue.

Ok I understand, thank you for looking into it.

@sdonapati,
Thank you for your feedback. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.