ARM64 support for Aspose.BarCode for .NET

Ever since I integrated Aspose.BarCode in my .NET Framework (v4.7.2) WPF application (32bit), my application is crashing with some weird errors. Even DispatcherUnhandledException handler cannot suppress the crash.

My primary target devices are Windows tablets and recent Surface tablets are all ARM64 devices. After extensive research, I have reason to believe that the crash is happening due to Aspose.BarCode not supporting ARM CPUs natively. It seems like Aspose.BarCode for Python via .NET has ARM support. I wonder when will ARM support be added to more mainstream product like Aspose.BarCode for .NET.

Here’s an image from the Event Viewer after the crash.

image.png (79.2 KB)

Searching by the exception code, 0x4000001f, I got this SO article c# - Program and debugger quit without indication of problem - Stack Overflow. The accepted answer mentions x86 emulation subsystem, which surely seems to be the case for me.

According to ntstatus.h file, 0x4000001f (STATUS_WX86_BREAKPOINT) is an exception status code that is used by the Win32 x86 emulation subsystem. It (I suppose) means that you reached a breakpoint which is not exploitable. You should enable debugging unmanaged code.

I would appreciate direct communication with any support personnel to help me resolve the issue.

@suhailmahmood,

Thanks for the screenshot and details.

We need to investigate your issue/requirements in details. We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will provide updates or deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): BARCODENET-39146

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know here.

1 Like

Officially we support ARM and other architectures, which as supported with .Net Core (.Net), with .NET Standard and .NET Core branches. WPF is outdated technology and it is supported only in .NET Framework branch which is not supported on ARM.

I do not think that adding WPF support for .NET Standard and .NET Core branches would have high priority. In this way you can use own drawing of image generated by Aspose.BarCode .NET Core branch.

You can add Aspose.BarCode .NET Standard to .NET Framework v4.7.2 or use MAUI novel technology instead of WPF.