ArrayIndexOutofbounds exception on reading an XLS file in Java

Hi,

On trying to open an xls file using the below code

InputStream is = new FileInputStream(xlsxFile);
com.aspose.cells.Workbook wb = new com.aspose.cells.Workbook(is);

I got the following error:

Caused by: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException
at java.lang.System.arraycopy(Native Method)
at com.aspose.cells.adq.a(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.cells.adq.b(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.cells.bev.J(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.cells.bev.ad(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.cells.bev.a(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.cells.bev.a(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.cells.bev.b(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.cells.Workbook.a(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.cells.Workbook.(Unknown Source)

I have attached the template file along with this. Kindly look into this and help resolve the problem.
Im using aspose version 7.7.0

Hi,

Thanks for the template file.

Please try our latest version/ fix: Aspose.Cells for Java v8.5.0, you may download it here:

I have tested your scenario/ case using your template file with the following sample code, it works fine and I do not get any exception what so ever.
e.g
Sample code:

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(“Accounts±+Zone+Wise+%25281%2529.xls”);

Thank you.

Hi,

Actually I have integrated aspose in my product. Can you try opening the file with the version 7.7.0 and let me know whats the issue with that file so that
I can make changes in the file, since moving to a different version of aspose will be tedious in my case.

Hi,

I am afraid, we cannot evaluate the issue using older version as it looks to me a bug in the older version v7.7.0 that you are using. Also, we cannot include fixes to older version, the fixes and enhancements are only based on latest APIs set of the product. Generally we evaluate regression issues in older versions when some older versions do work while the latest version does not work.

We could only recommend you to kindly try and upgrade to latest version of the product which is more reliable solution for you. Anyways, if you still persist that we could point you why the older version did not work in your case, well, we might look into it a bit but there is no warranty if we are able to give you some workaround (e.g regarding formatting cells/rows/columns or due to data etc., so you could manually update your spreadsheet in MS Excel and re-save it) for it.

Thank you.

Hi,

I just want to know the problem with the file or aspose that caused this error. And if any change like removing any formatting, makes the file readable, im ready to do that as of now.

Kindly check with your older versions and let me know the cause of the issue.

Hi,

Alright, we will try to evaluate your issue if we could provide the reason.

We will get back to you soon.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

There is one invisible comment in your template file which caused the exception. Unfortunately, we cannot find a way to make it visible so we cannot view or edit it either. If you can find a way to remove or modify it, maybe you can solve the issue with your current cells version. In fact after your template file being re-saved by ms excel, the re-saved file can be opened fine with your current cells version.

Thnak you for your response.
I got the xls file readable on removing the comments.

Hi,

Good to know that your issue is sorted out now. Feel free to write back if you have further comments or questions, we will be happy to assist you soon.

Thank you.