Arrows are not rendered correctly and text misplaced in the result of SVG conversion

Hi Aspose team

We are working on Visio files’ SVG conversion.

The following code is for conversion test:

Diagram d = new Diagram(“custom/input/visio/UML.vsd”);
SVGSaveOptions saveOp = new SVGSaveOptions();

for (int i = 0; i < d.getPages().getCount(); i++) {
System.out.println(d.getPages().get(i).getName());
saveOp.setPageIndex(i);
d.save(new FileOutputStream(“custom/output/visio/UML.” + (i + 1)
+ “.svg”), saveOp);
}

Here are some problem in this Visio file’ s conversion.

1. Some arrows can not be rendered correctly in the conversion result. This issue can be observed in page #1, #2, #3.
2. Some text are misplaced in the result. This issue can be observed in page #6, #7.

I have uploaded a comparison image, the vsd file, and the result.
Please check these issues, and thanks for your help.

Best,
Craig

Hi Craig,

Thank you for contacting support. We managed to replicate the said issues on our side. We have logged tickets in our bug tracking system as below:

DIAGRAMJAVA-50394: The arrows are not being rendered correctly on converting a VSD to SVG
DIAGRAMJAVA-50395: The text items are displaced on converting a VSD to SVG

Your post has also been linked to these tickets. We’ll keep you informed regarding any available updates. We’re sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Hi Craig,

Thank you for being patient. We have a good news for you that the issue ID DIAGRAMJAVA-50395 has now been resolved. If there is no issue in the QA phase, then this fix will be included in the next version of Aspose.Diagram for Java 6.9.0. We’ll inform you via this forum thread as soon as the new release is published.

Hi Craig,

Thank you for being patient. We have a good news for you that the issue ID DIAGRAMJAVA-50394 has now been resolved. If there is no issue in the QA phase, then this fix will be included in the next version of Aspose.Diagram for Java 6.9.0. We’ll inform you via this forum thread as soon as the new release is published.

Hi Craig,

Thank you for being patient. In reference to the ticket ID’s DIAGRAMJAVA-50394 and DIAGRAMJAVA-50395, please download and use the latest Hotfix version: Aspose.Diagram for Java 6.8.1. Please also let us know how that goes on your side.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as DIAGRAMJAVA-50394;DIAGRAMJAVA-50395) have been fixed in Aspose.Diagram for Java 16.10.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

Hi Imran.Rafique

We did a conversion test with 16.11.0, these issues are now fixed.
We will do some QA testing further more, and thanks for your help :slight_smile:

Hi Craig,

Thank you for the confirmation. Please keep using the Aspose APIs and let us know proactively whenever you come across any problem. We’ll help you appropriately.

Hi there

With the same Visio file and Diagram 17.1.0, there are some arrows not rendered correctly.
Please check the comparison image in the attachment, thank you~

Craig

Hi Craig,

Thank you for writing back.

I have evaluated the presented scenario while using the latest version of Aspose.Diagram for Java 17.1.0, and I am able to notice the said problem. In order to further investigate the matter, I have raised this incident as DIAGRAMJAVA-50467 in our bug tracking system. Please spare us little time to properly evaluate the case and revert back with updates in this regard.

Hi again,

This is to update you that the ticket logged earlier as DIAGRAMJAVA-50467 has been marked resolved. We will share the fix with next revision of the API.

Hi Craig,

Thank you for being patient. In reference to the ticket ID DIAGRAMJAVA-50467, please download and use the latest Hotfix version: Aspose.Diagram for Java 17.02.1.0. Please also let us know how that goes on your side.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as DIAGRAMJAVA-50467) have been fixed in Aspose.Diagram for Java 17.3.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.