Arrows in the PNG output are not matching the arrows in the Excel chart in .NET

Hello,

I am using Aspose.Cells v19.1 to generate PNG of chart - “Chart 1” in the attached excel file. Arrows in the PNG output are not matching the arrows in the excel chart.

Following code is used to generate the output:

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(“test.xlsx”);
WorksheetCollection ws = workbook.getWorksheets();
String worksheetName = “wo cons charts”;
Chart chart = ws.get(worksheetName).getCharts().get(“Chart 1”);
ImageOrPrintOptions imgOptions = new ImageOrPrintOptions();
imgOptions.setImageType(ImageType.PNG);
chart.toImage(“aspose response 19.1.png”, imgOptions);

PFA below the source excel and PNG output:
attachments.zip (188.5 KB)

Can you please look into this.

Thanks,
Neha

@Neha_Gautam,

We were able to observe the issue but we need to look into it more. We have logged the issue in our database for investigation and for a fix. Once, we will have some news for you, we will update you in this topic.

This issue has been logged as

CELLSJAVA-42814 - Arrows in the PNG output are not matching the arrows in the excel chart

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I just want to let you know that this issue is very critical for us as it used to work fine with earlier versions of Aspose.Cells and it is a break in the latest version.

Can you please increase its priority and provide a fix for this ASAP.

Thanks,
Neha

@Neha_Gautam,

Thanks for sharing your concerns.

I have increased the priority of the ticket and logged your concerns against your issue into our database. We will try to figure it out soon.

Once we have any new information, we will share it with you.

Hi,

Thanks for increasing the priority of the issue.
Because of this issue, our product release is getting delayed. Can you please provide me a tentative date for when we can expect this issue to get fixed.

Thanks,
Neha

@Neha_Gautam,

I am afraid, there is still not any update on your issue. We cannot provide you an ETA for your issue at the moment, hopefully we could evaluate it soon. For your information, we try our level best to deal with every customer requests in a timely fashion, we unfortunately cannot guarantee a delivery date to every customer issue. We work on issues on a first come, first served basis . We feel this is the fairest and most appropriate way to satisfy the needs of the majority of our customers.

By the way, to speed up the progress of issue’s resolution, we suggest you please check our paid support policies from following link.
Paid Support Policies

@Neha_Gautam,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for Java v19.1.2 (attached)

Your issue should be fixed in it.
Aspose.Cells for Java_v19.1.2.zip (6.4 MB)

Let us know your feedback.

Hi,

I tested this issue with the latest version v19.1.2. The output has improved a lot but the arrows are still not the same as in the original chart. In actual chart, the arrows are thicker than in the PNG output. Please refer the attached screenshot: comparison.png (52.5 KB)

PNG output generated with v19.1.2: aspose response 19.1.2.png (107.6 KB)

Can you please look into this.

Thanks,
Neha

@Neha_Gautam,

Thanks for your feedback.

We have logged your concerns against the issue into our database. Once we have any new information, we will share it with you.

@Neha_Gautam,

After further investigation, We think the arrows are right. As the width of line is 0.25 point, the arrow looks more thinner.
Please refer the attachment. In the excel file, one arrow’s width is 0.75 point (1 pixel). The arrows (one is 0.25,the other is 0.75) are same in view 100%. The arrows (one is 0.25,the other is 0.75) are not same in view 150%. We think Excel strengthen the thin line (with=0.25).

1716.zip (103.9 KB)

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-42814) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for Java 19.2. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by Amjad_Sahi