ASP.NET MVC 5 application and Aspose.Cells (v21.6) compile issue

We are trying to upgrade the Aspose.Total product (licensed copy) in our ASP.NET MVC solution which runs on .NET Framework version 4. Our current Aspose.Total product version is 8.0.2.0. After adding the references to the v21.6 Aspose.Cells DLL, we are getting the below compile time error:

Error CS1705 Assembly ‘Aspose.Cells’ with identity ‘Aspose.Cells, Version=21.6.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=716fcc553a201e56’ uses ‘System.Runtime, Version=5.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a’ which has a higher version than referenced assembly ‘System.Runtime’ with identity ‘System.Runtime, Version=4.1.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a’

We cannot upgrade our ASP.NET MVC application to .NET Core which can reference System.Runtime version 5.

Can you please suggest as to how we can get rid of this error, or suggest we use an appropriate lower version of the product (higher than 8.0.2.0)?

Thank you

@nvartak,
We have logged this issue for further analysis. We will write back here once any update is ready for sharing.

This issue is logged as
CELLSNET-48350 - Exception while upgrading ASP.NET MVC5 application for .NET framework to the latest version

Hi @nvartak

According to the error message you provided, please check that you are referring to the ASPOSE.CELLS for Net5 version of the DLL, which is incorrect.

I created an ASP.NET MVC(C #) project in VS2019 and downloaded Aspose.Cells directly from NuGet. It automatically referenced the DLL in the net40 directory for me, and everything worked. When I forced the reference to the net50 directory, the error appeared, the same as yours.

Please refer to the picture.
CELLSNET48350.png (19.1 KB)