ASP.NET: The type or namespace name 'Aspose' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

We are about to evaluating the aspose.pdf component.

We downloaded the Setup for Version 6.7 and installed it.

The first prototype was realized as a windows forms appliaction and is working fine.

Now we intend to develop a solution with asp.net using the component.

When we add the aspose.pdf.dll as reference, the compiler tell us

"The type or namespace name 'Aspose' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)"

Although the file exists. On other sites we found a hint who told to register once the dll

"regasm aspose.pdf.dll /codebase". But it doesn't work too.

Thanks for a hint.

Kagel

Hi Kagel,

Thanks for your interest in our products.

You can add a Reference by Right Click on the References folder or Project node then click on Add Reference. In the .NET section, Aspose.Pdf dlls are available in the .NET section of popup window as shown in the attached screenshot. After adding the reference hopefully you can use Aspose.Pdf for .NET.

Moreover, Please visit Purchase Information for all details about licensing, even before purchasing the license, you may also request a 30 days temporary license for evaluating the product.

Please feel free to contact support in case you need any further assistance.

Thanks & Regards,

Hi Rashid,

thanks the screen shot was useful, eventually I found it: The reference pointed to the latest 4.0 version, this one doesn't work, whereas the 2.0 is ok, I forgot that the web app is compiled with VS2008 not VS2010.

Best regards

Kagel

Hello
Kagel,

Thanks for your interest in our products.

I am glad to hear that the problem is fixed. Please continue evaluating our products and in case you encounter any issue or you have any further query, please feel free to contact.

You may consider checking our various useful resource over following links

• Aspose.Pdf for .NET Demos = http://www.aspose.com/demos/.net-components/aspose.pdf/default.aspx
  • Aspose.Pdf for .NET Video Tutorials = http://www.aspose.com/videos/aspose.pdf/aspose.pdf-for-.net/default.aspx
  • Getting Started