Aspose 2.2 - xls version support

Hi, Currently we are using aspose 2.2 version. Using this version if i create a xls file will it create in 2003 or 2010 xls format? In order to create the file in 2010 xls what should i do? (the reason we are looking for this to overcome the 65K rows limitation in xls 2003 version)Hi, Currently we are using aspose 2.2 version. Using this version if i create a xls file will it create in 2003 or 2010 xls format? In order to create the file in 2010 xls what should i do? (the reason we are looking for this to overcome the 65K rows limitation in xls 2003 version)

Hi Anna,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

XLS format only supports 65536 rows and 256 columns. It does not matter, you use Excel 2003 or Excel 2010.

However, if you save your file in XLSX format, then it supports 1048576 rows and 16384 columns. So, you should use XLSX format instead of XLS format.

You are using quite an older version and we are not sure if it supports XLSX format or not. We recommend you to upgrade your application to latest version which supports XLSX version and contains many new features, enhancements and bug fixes.

Hi,

The below lines of code I am using to create file in Xlsx format. However I am getting only max of 65536 rows. Other rows are not getting printed Please advise and help me with some example.

Workbook Create Code

Workbook objWrkBook = new Workbook(FileFormatType.Xlsx);

Saving Code

objWrkBook.Save(strFilePathToSave + objWrkBook.FileName, SaveFormat.Xlsx);

Thanks

Anna

Hi Anna,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

I have tested this issue with the following sample code using the latest version: Aspose.Cells
for .NET v8.3.0.4
and did not encounter any issue. I added values from row 1 to 70000 and saved the resulting file into XLSX and PDF format and it displayed the values fine. I have attached the output Excel and PDF file generated by the code for your reference.

If your issue still occurs, then please provide us your runnable sample code replicating this issue with the latest version. We will look into it and help you asap.

C#

string filePath = @“F:\Shak-Data-RW\Downloads\Two+Tablix.xlsx”;

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(FileFormatType.Xlsx);

Worksheet worksheet = workbook.Worksheets[0];

for (int i = 0; i < 70000; i++)

{

worksheet.Cells[i, 0].PutValue(i);

}

workbook.Save(“output.xlsx”);

workbook.Save(“output.pdf”);