Aspose Bar code "Code 39" generation Issue

Hi,

I am trying to generate an CODE39STANDARD bar code using java with jar version 2.2 licensed. Then the bar code generated has got broader lines and the length was more. Also the number of lines generated was more. Attached CODE39Barcode_old.jpg for reference.

I have tried to generate the same bar code using jar version 2.5.1 (latest downloaded from aspose website) and it was in the right format and readable using the scanners. Attached CODE39Barcode_new.jpg for reference.

Java code used for generating the bar code:
BarCodeBuilder b = new BarCodeBuilder();
b.setSymbology(Symbology.CODE39STANDARD);
b.setCodeTextVisible(true);
b.setCodabarStartSymbol(42);
b.setXDimension(0.14f);
b.setYDimension(20f);
b.setCodeText(“51979-10000020111027”);
b.setCodabarStopSymbol(42);
b.setEnableChecksum(false);
b.save(“d:\labs\CODE39Barcode_new.jpg”);

Please let us know what are the differences that has been done between the jar files versions and how do we get the same bar code using version 2…2 which is licensed version purchased by us.

Hi,

Thank you for considering Aspose.

Please check the link for all the versions of Aspose.BarCode for Java released so far. By clicking each version, you will get the release notes of that particular version. By browsing through different versions from v2.2.0 to latest (v2.7.0), you will know what was fixed or added in each release.

Regarding your question about how to generate a barcode with v2.2.0 that is equivalent to barcode generated by v2.5.1. I am afraid, that will not be possible. Although, I can try by setting different xDimension and yDimension values to produce a similar barcode, but I am not sure if the resultant label would be fairly scan-able.

Please feel free to write back if you have further queries.

Hi,

We have purchased license for version 2.2 aspose. Adding the data for reference. Do we get the updated versions before the subscription expiry date. Can we use the aspose jar files which are released before the subscription expiry date ?

Developer OEM Subscription
Limited to 1 developer.

Aspose.BarCode for Java

Enterprise

Thanks,

Gopi Srinivas.

Hi Gopi Srinivas,

Yes, you can use the product versions that were released before the expiry of your license. As shown, your license expired on 30th October 2010. So, you can use the product version in licensed mode that were released before or on 30th October 2010.

Please check this link for Aspose.BarCode for Java releases, only Aspose.BarCode for Java 2.3.0 was released after Aspose.BarCode for Java v2.2.0 and before 30th October 2010. Please check if you can download and use this version.

If you would like to use the newer version released after the subscription expiry then you will need to renew your subscription and you will get a new license file which you can use with newer versions of the component.

Please feel free to contact us in case you have further comments or questions.