Aspose Bar Issue

Hi I am trying to read barcode from PDF through C# Code

for (int pageCount = 1; pageCount <= pdfDocument.Pages.Count; pageCount++)
{
//using (MemoryStream pageStream = new MemoryStream())
//{
//Resolution resolution = new Resolution(300);
//JpegDevice jpegDevice = new JpegDevice(resolution, 100);
//jpegDevice.Process(pdfDocument.Pages[pageCount], pageStream);
MemoryStream pageStream = pdfDocument.Pages[pageCount].ConvertToPNGMemoryStream();
pageStream.Position = 0;
BarCodeReader barCodeReader = new BarCodeReader((Stream)pageStream, DecodeType.Pdf417, DecodeType.AllSupportedTypes);
barCodeReader.ReadBarCodes();
foreach (BarCodeResult result in barCodeReader.FoundBarCodes)
{
var barcodetext=result.CodeText;
}

barcodes returning nothing for this document… but when test online with that image it shows barcode…? can you please let me know what would be problem and how we can recognize 100% those barcodes through code?
Capture20.JPG (104.1 KB)

Capture20.JPG (104 KB)
Segment 001 of Odd segment of ORL_20240220091643.pdf (26.7 KB)

@smaddineni,

Which version of Aspose.BarCode API you are using? I tested using newer version(e.g., Aspose.BarCode v23.12) and it works fine. I simply used the following sample code with your “Capture20.jpg” image file, it correctly detects “PDF417” barcode.
e.g.
Sample code:

var bmp1 = "g:\\test2\\Capture20.jpg";
using (Aspose.BarCode.BarCodeRecognition.BarCodeReader reader1 = new Aspose.BarCode.BarCodeRecognition.BarCodeReader(bmp1, Aspose.BarCode.BarCodeRecognition.DecodeType.AllSupportedTypes))
{
    foreach (Aspose.BarCode.BarCodeRecognition.BarCodeResult result1 in reader1.ReadBarCodes())
    {
        // Read symbology type and code text
        Console.WriteLine("Symbology Type: " + result1.CodeType);
        Console.WriteLine("CodeText: " + result1.CodeText);
    }
}

output:

Symbology Type: Pdf417
CodeText: InnoSourceImaging|v1.0eDOC|MRP|14|dms/images/MRP/folders/_Digital Mailroom/Workflows/FloorUploads_BarcodeMail/|4|FMS|6|FLSalesMail|2||5|21-04645FL|9||6||8|FLSalesMail|4||76||77|Cert of Sale|

I am also using latest version (23.12.0.0). but I passed entire PDF to that method to extract Barcode from PDF first Page. I also attached that PDF to my original thread. please take a look and let me know.

It is a bug with 24.1 version (and may be earlier), strange problem with pdf417 start target detection. I think it could be solved to March release.

@smaddineni
We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): BARCODENET-38936

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

OK. Once fix is released then need to get latest dll from website and try it?

@smaddineni,

Yes, sure, we will notify you once the fixed version is released. Hopefully, Aspose.BarCode v24.3 will include the fix of your issue.

Segment 001 of ORL_20240223123755 (003).pdf (32.7 KB)

attaching another pdf page which same issue like previous.

@smaddineni,

Thank you for providing another PDF file.

We have logged it with your existing ticket “BARCODENET-38936” into our database, so we will take care of it as well while resolving the issue.

I have lot like that failing sometimes. so, we need to resolve that asap that is impacting our business

@smaddineni,

We are sorry that the issue is impacting you and we understand your concerns. We will try to resolve your issue soon. Additionally, it would be helpful if you could share some more files so that we can evaluate every aspect using your test files while resolving your issue and ensure that such an issue won’t occur again.

Segment 001 of CHI_20240227150810.pdf (10.5 KB)

Please see attached another one

@smaddineni,

Thank you for providing the new PDF document.

We have attached it to your existing ticket “BARCODENET-38936” in our database and will ensure that the fixed version covers it as well.

any update when it is going to be release?

@smaddineni,

The issue has been resolved and hopefully the fix will be included in our upcoming release Aspose.BarCode v24.3. You will be notified when the supported version will be published.

Hi just want to find is this released?

@smaddineni,

Yes, the new version (Aspose.BarCode v24.3) is released, so you may try it. Also, see the Release Notes document for your reference.

Hi downloaded latest version but still some of the barcodes not recognize when try to scan through code same it is working for other documents .Attaching barcode document
HTF_20240412084830.PDF (72.3 KB)

Capture21.JPG (7.0 KB)

Please let me know if there is any issue with updates?

@smaddineni,

Thanks for providing us barcode image and PDF document.

After an initial test, I was able to reproduce the issue as you mentioned using your sample barcode image and PDF document. From the image, Aspose.BarCode could not detect barcode using normal code (as following). Also, from PDF document, it could detect only 1 barcode.

var bmp1 = "g:\\test2\\Capture21.jpg";
using (Aspose.BarCode.BarCodeRecognition.BarCodeReader reader1 = new Aspose.BarCode.BarCodeRecognition.BarCodeReader(bmp1, Aspose.BarCode.BarCodeRecognition.DecodeType.AllSupportedTypes))
{

Console.WriteLine(reader1.ReadBarCodes().Length);//0
    foreach (Aspose.BarCode.BarCodeRecognition.BarCodeResult result1 in reader1.ReadBarCodes())
    {
        // Read symbology type and code text
        Console.WriteLine("Symbology Type: " + result1.CodeType);
        Console.WriteLine("CodeText: " + result1.CodeText);
    }
}

We require thorough evaluation of the issue. We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): BARCODENET-38973

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

Ok. I tried online aspose barcode through this URL ( Read Barcodes Online (aspose.app)) but looks like is is not recognized

attached is the proof i tested from above URL
Output.JPG (58.7 KB)