Aspose.barcode for IBM AIX

We currently use Jasper Engine with our core banking solution on IBM AIX. We are looking at the possibility of using aspose.barcode plugin to generate barcodes on our reports. Can you please confirm if the related .jar is available for AIX?

Regards,

Saj

Hi Saj,

You can use Aspose.Barcode for Jasper Reports to render barcodes in your reports. Please download latest version of Aspose.Barcode for Jasper Reports from http://www.aspose.com/community/files/67/jasperreports-exporters/aspose.barcode-for-jasperreports/default.aspx and let us know if you see any issue.

Please also check System Requirements and Programmers Guide for more details.

Best Regards,

Thank you.

We tried the trial version today and it works. However, we are unable to scale down the barcode image. The image size remains the same. Is this because we are using the trial version?

In addition, no checksum number is being generated despite the following setting

b.setEnableChecksum(checkSum);

where checksum = true (Boolean type parameter passed to MyAttributes class)

Hi Saj,

Yes, there are some evaluation limitations. Please follow the instructions from How to Get a Temporary License to get a 30 days free license and test with that license.

Best Regards,

Thank you but we are still facing problems. We deployed the temp license. The demo caption is not displayed anymore but we are still unable to scale down the image. Checksum is not displayed either when we set the codetextvisible = true

Hi Saj,

Please share your complete code to reproduce the issue at our end. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Hi,

I have attached the custom java file. Also attached is a txt containing the jrxml section that calls MyAttributes class.

The issue is that the width and height parameters do not help in scaling down the image size.

Update - I have attached an image of the barcode. I have reduced the bar height and adjusted xDimension and wide-narrow ratio in order to scale down the image. But there appears to be a lot of whitespace above and to wither side of the barcode which I cant seem to remove despite setting margin to 0. We are required to print the barcode on the bottom left corner of documents and hence it is important that we generate small barcode images.

Hi Saj,

Thanks for the sample. We are investigating it and will update you soon.

Best Regards,

Hi Muhammad,

We managed to scale down the image and fix it into our document template successfully. Further scaling is not necessary.

However, we are facing issues with the checksum generated. Can you please confirm if the checksum follows modulo 10? In addition, if the checksum not printed on along with the code text?

UPDATE - Generated checksum is correct. We can now generate reports as expected. However, we have hit a new issue (The signature is invalid.) which occurs when generating large reports.

The error observed is as follows

Caused by: com.aspose.barcode.jr.PleaseReportException: The signature is invalid.
The signature is invalid.
at com.aspose.barcode.jr.R in a at line:-1
at com.aspose.barcode.jr.R in s at line:-1
at com.aspose.barcode.jr.License in setLicense at line:-1
at MyAttributes in Create at line:10
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor30 in invoke at line:-1
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl in invoke at line:37
at java.lang.reflect.Method in invoke at line:611
at org.codehaus.groovy.reflection.CachedMethod in invoke at line:86
at groovy.lang.MetaMethod in doMethodInvoke at line:226
at groovy.lang.MetaClassImpl in invokeStaticMethod at line:1102
at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.InvokerHelper in invokeMethod at line:748
at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.ScriptBytecodeAdapter in invokeMethodN at line:167

Any idea what is causing this? Could it be due to a timeout?

Hi Saj,

Sorry, I was not able to reproduce the issue at my end. Can you please share your updated code to reproduce the new issue?

Best Regards,

Hi Muhammad,

Attached is the updated code. The invalid signature issue occurs intermittently. Could it have something to do with the fact we are using an evaluation license? Is there a limitation in place that restricts the number of pages in which the barcode is embedded in one execution?

What we are trying to do here is print customer statements which could at times stretch across a large number of pages and have the barcode embedded in each page.

I have included a file containing the error details. Appreciate if you can take this up on priority. We need to push this change into production at the earliest and we cannot proceed to purchase the library unless we know for sure it works.

Regards,

Saj

Hi Saj,

There is no such limitation if you are using a temporary license. It works like a full license for 30 days. Please make sure your license code is called once per application.

We were not able to reproduce such issue at our end. It would be great if you can share complete steps to reproduce the issue.

Best Regards,