Aspose.BarCode for SharePoint-�Error:List does not exist�

Hi there,

My name is Gavin Ma from Western Health. We recently purchased Aspose.BarCode for SharePoint, however after installing the software, we have found an error in relating to the software.

The barcodes can be generated in Site collection level but on subsites it displays “Error:List does not exist”.

Is that possible for someone to look into this issue?

Cheers

Gavin

ICT Services

Western Health

Gordon Street, Footscray VIC 3011
Tel. 03 8345 7682
Fax. 03 8345 6534
Web. www.westernhealth.org.au

This message was posted using Email2Forum by Sabrina Tran. (attachment)

Hi Gavin,

Thank you for posting and using Aspose.BarCode for SharePoint.

Please list down the complete steps to reproduce the error message said. We’ll check and guide you accordingly. Also, please make sure that you are using the latest version of Aspose.BarCode for SharePoint 1.1.0.

Hi

Please follow the steps below to duplicate the error.

1. Install Aspose.BarCode for SharePoint 1.1.0
2. Activate Aspose.Barcode.SharePoint2010: Barcode Column to a site collection A
3. Within site collection A, create a new team site B ( Site Action -> View All Site Content ->Create -> Team Site)
4. Within team site B, create a custom list and then create a new column with type of Aspose Barcode Field.
5. Create a new list item with barcode, I got an error on the page saying ‘Error: List does not exist. The page you selected contains a list that does not exist. It may have been deleted by another user.’
6. When open the item, I can see the barcode, but error is still on the page when I close the item.

P.S. If I created a custom list within site collection A, there is no problem. The error is happening within a subsite.

Cheers
Gavin

Hi Gavin,

Thank you for updating us about these details. This will be really helpful. We’re preparing the said environment and require a little time. We’ll get back to you before the end of this week. Please be patient and spare us a little time.

Hi Imran

Have you got a chance to look into this? Any update?

Cheers
Gavin

Hi Gavin,

We’re sorry for the delay. We’re now working on it and will get back to you soon.

Hi Gavin,

Thank you for being patient. We managed to replicate the error message said. We have logged this issue under ticket id BARCODSHP-33193 in our issue tracking system. Your request has also been linked to this issue. We’ll keep you informed regarding any available updates. We’re sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Hi Imran

Is that possible to know when the next update will be released? Because generating barcode is one of the key requirements, our project has been significantly delayed due to this software issue.

Cheers
Gavin

Hi Gavin,

Thank you for contacting support. I’m sorry to share with you that the release will take some more time. However, we have asked our development team to take a look over this issue. We’ll let you know once an update is available from them. Another way round is that Aspose.BarCode for .NET libraries can be used to generate barcodes through .NET applications, you can prepare a custom application to collaborate with SharePoint.