Aspose Barcode Performance Concern

Hi Imran,

I can’t find the forum thread for speed issue for Aspose.BarCode with ticket reference Barcodjava-33320. Please provide me with a link for that as my concern is the same as Erick when that thread was posted.

Also to continue can you provide me with a sample code to scan only the upper half of a TIF file using Aspose.BarCode.

Regards,

Ted

Hi Ted,

Thanks for your inquiry. The release of Aspose.BarCode for Java 5.5.0 is expected at the start of July 2013. There is a simple source code to read a bar code from the specific region of the image but unfortunately it is not workable using the latest release of Aspose.BarCode 5.4.0. You can try it with the Aspose.BarCode 5.3.0. Please see the documentation link here. I have logged this problem under ticket id BARCODJAVA-33326 in our issue tracking system. We will let you know once it is fixed and available for the public use. We’re sorry for your inconvenience.

As another workaround, I have attached a source code to split a bar code image into smaller chunks. After splitting the bar code image ( 20130418093004988.tif ), It hardly takes 3 seconds to recognize a bar code on my side. I have attached the small chunk of the bar code image for your reference. I hope it will help you. Please find the require [forum thread link here](https://forum.aspose.com/t/24020).

Please let me know in case of further assistance and comments.

Hi Ted,

Thanks for your patience. Good News for you is BARCODJAVA-33326 has now been resolved and its fix will be a part of our next release of Aspose.BarCode for Java. We will inform you via this forum thread as soon as the new release is published.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as BARCODJAVA-33326) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.